Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im in the middle of switching to meteor HELP!!

• 18-09-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

hey i just decided to switch to meteor because i got sick of vodafone anyway im in the middle of switching and im waiting for the vodafone coverage to go but its been 4 and now almost 5 hours since i was at the shop whats the deal???? and what do i do and do not do HELP!!!????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

porting usually closes at 6 so the move from vaodafone more than likely stopped and will resume at 8am tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nothing will happen until tomorrow, switch on and off your phone around 12 tomorrow just to refresh the settings....

that's one crazy network move but i'll say nothing as it's nothing got to do with your question....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

That happened me before...I just turned off my phone, when i turned it back on I got the sim registration failed message...so I put in my new meteor sim and it was up and running...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bassbomber

Nothing will happen until tomorrow, switch on and off your phone around 12 tomorrow just to refresh the settings....

that's one crazy network move but i'll say nothing as it's nothing got to do with your question....
    y whats wrong with meteor????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bassbomber

btw thanks 4 everything lads CHEERS!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I switched to Meteor this evening myself. Girl in the shop said it'd be ported by 9pm but having already ported my number 4 times in the past I knew that sounded optimistic. I'd imagine it'll happen in the morning during office hours, so I have a few more hours on Three!

However, just as I became contented to have completed the move, the volume button on my N73 has broken and it's stuck at the lowest volume! I think it's Three's final way to piss me off as I leave :D

Seriously though, I'm now tempted to buy that N82 I was looking at and I really shouldnt :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bassbomber wrote: »
    don't mind him. Drunkmonkey has an irrational hatred of meteor that's matched only by his irrational love for 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

bassbomber wrote: »

Nothing! I have been with them for years and am still a HUGE fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

porting usually closes at 6 so the move from vaodafone more than likely stopped and will resume at 8am tomorrow

Ports can only start between porting hours but they can finish within any time outside these hours.

My port from 3 to Meteor still hasnt fully gone through which is annoying. They had all day yesterday and quite a while today too. If I ring/text someone my number shows up correctly, but no-one can call or text me - my number is not available. I called a while ago and apparently the porting procedure is 55% complete.

Has this happened to others? This is my 4th "porting" experience and usually it's done in a couple of hours. If this continues through until Monday I'll be very disappointed.

• Advertisement

6ix wrote: »
    My port from 3 to Meteor still hasnt fully gone through which is annoying. They had all day yesterday and quite a while today too. If I ring/text someone my number shows up correctly, but no-one can call or text me - my number is not available. I called a while ago and apparently the porting procedure is 55% complete.

Has this happened to others? This is my 4th "porting" experience and usually it's done in a couple of hours. If this continues through until Monday I'll be very disappointed.

do you mean that you can call and text from the meteor sim card but no one can call you? if so i think you'll find that if you put your 3 sim card back into a phone any calls you get will go to it. i've seen this with a few ports from 3 to various networks. it's always the other network's fault of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No Sam, its always 3's fault (even if its a meteor to o2 port im sure 3 would get blamed somewhere along the line). Have you tried turning off both phones then turning on the meteor phone (this is necessary to complete the port, and anyone who tells you its not dont listen to them). Bear in mind this may not be the problem

Walkman wrote: »
    No Sam, its always 3's fault (even if its a meteor to o2 port im sure 3 would get blamed somewhere along the line)

i say it's 3's fault because i've seen it many times with 3 ports and never with any other networks

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i say it's 3's fault because i've seen it many times with 3 ports and never with any other networks

I agree. Unfortunately 3 are the worst network when it comes to porting. O2 are the best, then Vodafone and then Meteor, in my opinion. It comes down to how effective the network's porting system and support team are more than anything else.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I agree. Unfortunately 3 are the worst network when it comes to porting. O2 are the best, then Vodafone and then Meteor, in my opinion. It comes down to how effective the network's porting system and support team are more than anything else.

of course they all have their moments. porting is one of those thing that can go horribly wrong

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    of course they all have their moments. porting is one of those thing that can go horribly wrong

Exactly, and that's why a network needs to have the best people and systems available to assist when things do go wrong. It just seems that some of the networks have cut corners and the customer is the one that pays in the end.

Only coming back to this now... Still havent full ported. It's the same phone that I'm using as it's unlocked and I didnt want a new phone from Meteor. I've rebooted it several times. I'm away for the weekend and I've left the 3 sim at home so I can't check that, but you could be right. I can use my phone for outgoing calls/texts with no problem (087 number has been transferred fine), but I cannot accept any incoming calls or texts - it comes up on the other person's phone that my number is invalid.

Was on the phone to Meteor CC there at 1pm who said they had emailed 3 and would hope to have it completed within 2 hours, and to call them back if it hadn't gone through. It does seem to be a problem from Three's side to be honest.

Advertisement