Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun With Synth Accents Challenge!

Options
  • 18-09-2008 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

The Challenge:

1) Download the free trial Caltrox Speech50 voice synthesiser from CNet.

2) Realise that it is programmed to speak English in an American accent with several different voices.

3) Play with the phonetic spelling and punctuation in such a manner as to try and create the foreign accent of a particular country or region.

4) Post your entry text on Boards.ie.

5) Paste the other entry texts in your synth at home, and laugh till your GUTS BLEED listening to the entries.

I'll start with Derry/Donegal. (Be sure to toggle the synth to medium-fast speed for the quicker Derry accent.) And I SO want to hear your versions of Deep Dublin, Cork, Kerry, you name it. YAY!

Cut and paste this into player.

Entry text:

I caunt unnerstaund the sitchy ayshun mye seyulf? Ah wayunt dine tay the Waterside, aund told Muster Tiyer thot I’d guv hum tie hunnerd and fufty pined fer hus wee keear? Ond he seeud he wouldnay sell ut tay me, but the advert he put ight? Ut sud tie hunnerd? Aye, ut’s a payun in me tuts? One? Cheeoo? Free? Foewer? Five? Sux? See oven? Ayut? Niyeene? Tee-yun? The queck brine fox jumped over the lee uzzy dog? Hie noye brine kiye? I asked me muller tay take Heller tay the puck shers? Hie’s your suster dewan? Hie’s the wain?

Of course, this could be of no interest to you. (I could just be a random freak who does this sort of crap for fun in my free time...)

But if it is,
    GOGOGOGO!

Advertisement