Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dunboyne folklore

Options
  • 18-09-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi everyone.
    i have to do several projects and assignment concerning the local history and folklore of dunboyne county meath. i have found very little on the internet. So if anyone out there knows and old stories or where i could access such information could you kindly let me know im at a bit of a loose end her and i willl beg:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Third-Level Accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

parnellie wrote: »
    hi everyone.
    i have to do several projects and assignment concerning the local history and folklore of dunboyne county meath. i have found very little on the internet. So if anyone out there knows and old stories or where i could access such information could you kindly let me know im at a bit of a loose end her and i willl beg:o

There was a DUnboyne history book released - it must be about 10 years ago now - some great folkore stuff in that if you get your hands on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 parnellie

Macers wrote: »
    There was a DUnboyne history book released - it must be about 10 years ago now - some great folkore stuff in that if you get your hands on it...

Don't suppose you have any notion what its called do you???:o

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Haven't forgotten about you - trying to dig it up at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Doing Heritage Studies in the college are you :d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Gaelscoil RT

The book you're looking for is called Dunboyne, Kilbride and Clonee: A Picture of the Past, which was published in 1993 by the Old Dunboyne Society. An additional supplement to the original publication was published in 1996, called The Dunboyne Historical Journal. They'd both be available in Dunboyne Library, or in any Meath Library.

Doing Heritage Studies in the college are you :d
    Yeah its a part of a fetac course im doing in dunboyne college of further education... i like it .... pain in the arse to get to if your a poor motorless student itll b wirth it if im a teacher one day;)

The book you're looking for is called Dunboyne, Kilbride and Clonee: A Picture of the Past, which was published in 1993 by the Old Dunboyne Society. An additional supplement to the original publication was published in 1996, called The Dunboyne Historical Journal. They'd both be available in Dunboyne Library, or in any Meath Library.
    Thanks a million :D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement