Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

can someone tell me what is not right about this car?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's purple.
    :o
    Doesn't seem to be much wrong with that price imho, just a quick search of cars on carzone has it priced comparatively to others.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

its below average mileage but could well be genuine - no reason to doubt it - the car looks in great nick

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

purple with a towbar, otherwise ok. personally wouldn't touch a car with either issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

its the low milage thats attracting my eye tbh. youd struggle to get a 320d with that millage for that price across the water (including the vrt).
    and yes, despite it all, it is purple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It is possible that it is a UK import as there are so many of them around. Mileage is very low for an almost 7 year old diesel car. Get the reg and chassis number and have a cartell check done on it.

I'd also look at the service history and see if the turbo has been replaced as the 2002 to early 2004 320d had well documented problems with the turbo which needed to be replaced, an expensive job if needs doing now.

The only other thing is the odd spec, half leather interior yet no climate control or rear electric windows.

• Advertisement

Was glancing around the net and came upon this alternative. I think its a much better offer:
    http://www.cargiant.ie/BMW/details-394677-BMW.asp

problem is of course the vrt. but if i guestimate it as approx 4000 its still a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Only way to know if something is not right is to go see it for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I take it this is an ES model ? I am looking at a 04320D ES at the minute up north he is looking for 10K euro and its about 3700 to clear it has 58 on the clock. The one at cargiant posted above would be a much better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

is there a dint in the front wheel arch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Purple ? Plum is closer. Either way, I think it's a gorgeous colour.

The thing about the Cargiant one is.........it's blue. Like 50% of all 3-series. The remainder of which are..........silver. :o

It's nice to see something different, and, if YOU like it, that's all that matters, but I think it looks more, more........exclusive in it?

Possibly (but completely guessing, here btw...) that colour is more likely to have been originally specc'd by a private owner. Fleet and co cars are usually...........you guessed it, blue/silver etc.,

I'm guessing though, but if you have an SO, that they'd like it too.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The horrific light wood trim and gearknob? At least it doesn't have the matching steering wheel though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ShayK1 wrote: »
    is there a dint in the front wheel arch?

yep, a nice big one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

steve06 wrote: »
    yep, a nice big one!

Thanks, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me there since nobody else mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

How much would it cost to remove that dent so long as its not kinked ? It shouldn’t put the OP off buying a car personally I wouldn’t be bothered but I would try and get an estimate then knock it off the intended paying price or haggle first then agree a price then notice the dent ;). If anything something like that could work in your favour.

is there anywhere people could recomend north of the boarder to import these caliber of cars so that i dont have to have the hassle of getting across the water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

One other possible reason to consider a 04 320d over a 02 320d, is that the 02 cars can suffer from turbo issues which apparently the 04 cars do not suffer from.

Advertisement