Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the wind blows from the west it's then the fishing at it's best

Options
  • 18-09-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Anyone know a poem that I heard as a child and can't remember all of if anyone knowes the rest of it, it would be much appreciated

"when the wind blows from the east it isn't fit for man or beast but when the wind blows from the west it's then the fishing at it's best"

Thats all I know of it :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 williamsrk

as i remember it when the wind is in the north a skillful fisher goes not forth
    when the wind is in the south it blows the bait in the fishes mouth when the wind is in the east tis neither good for man nor beast but when the wind is in the west then the wind is at ita best

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭labbad

williamsrk wrote: »
    as i remember it when the wind is in the north a skillful fisher goes not forth
    when the wind is in the south it blows the bait in the fishes mouth when the wind is in the east tis neither good for man nor beast but when the wind is in the west then the wind is at ita best

Thanks williamsrk that sounds right it was really beginning to bug me :D

Advertisement