Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo 00-02

Options
  • 19-09-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm thinking about buying an 00-02 polo just as a run around for the next year or so. Anyone know if there is anything specific i should look for when viewing this type of Polo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try and get at least the Comfortline model, it will things such as central locking and electric front windows. These were luxuries on VWs back then.

I would seriously consider the Skoda Fabia of a similar year, it is based on the 02 onwards Polo, costs less to buy, has more room, fresher design and generally they are better equipped than the older Polo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Polo was also given a bit of a face lifted in 02

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Polo was also given a bit of a face lifted in 02

More than a facelift. Polo was replaced by a completely new model in 2002.

The 2000 to 2002 Polo was a facelift of the model that appeared in 1995.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kenco1

Beached as wrote: »
    I'm thinking about buying an 00-02 polo just as a run around for the next year or so. Anyone know if there is anything specific i should look for when viewing this type of Polo?
    .................................CALL TO <snip> THEY HAVE POLO S FROM 97 ALL THE WAY TO 06 AND REASONABLLY PRICED
    DONT FORGET TO HAGGLE A BIT GOOD LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Guess where Kenco works, eh?

To the OP, my Mother has one, an Automatic, but it's still a 00 Polo. I maintain it for her, and it hasn't had a bother so far, other than eating a water temp sensor, and apparently they've a good appetite for those. Total cost of that was about 20 Euro, and 2 mins to fit it.

Great little car, but go for the comfortline with the electrics.

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote: »
    Guess where Kenco works, eh?

To the OP, my Mother has one, an Automatic, but it's still a 00 Polo. I maintain it for her, and it hasn't had a bother so far, other than eating a water temp sensor, and apparently they've a good appetite for those. Total cost of that was about 20 Euro, and 2 mins to fit it.

Great little car, but go for the comfortline with the electrics.
    NO NED DONT WORK THERE, BOUGHT MY CAR THERE AND CANT WRONG THAT DEALER THEY RE FANTASTIC EVEN HAVE A WOMAN IN SALES FOR THOSE LADIES OUT THERE !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

So you joined boards, found the motors forum, and your first post is to plug a business, and your second to back it up?

ned78 wrote: »
    So you joined boards, found the motors forum, and your first post is to plug a business, and your second to back it up?

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH GIVING A BIT OF FRIENDLY ADVICE???;););)OR DO I HAVE TO RUN EVERYTHING PAST YOU?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

kenco1 wrote: »
    IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH GIVING A BIT OF FRIENDLY ADVICE???;););)OR DO I HAVE TO RUN EVERYTHING PAST YOU?:P

What's with all the shouting. Flick that button to the left of your "A" key

What's with all the shouting. Flick that button to the left of your "A" key

sorry about that:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement