Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR in GAME

Options
  • 19-09-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Game up in Dundrum there earlier.
    Unfortunately I was in a rush.
    Saw they were selling WAR for 45euro. It also said on the top of the display box that It came with one month of free play?

Anyone bought from Game? Does the 'one month free' mean you actually get one month free or that you get one month free when you've registered and paid for a previous 12 months or something...

Also are they selling the pre-paid cards you can use instead of charging it to a credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Free months are par for the course, most MMOs I am aware of give them.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

You get one month from when you install and set up your account. You don't need to set up a subscription, so if after a month you don't like the game, then you can just stop any further payments. That's pretty much the standard model for MMO's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Asmodion

I got it for 40 quid in Game in Limerick. Can't believe it was actually cheaper than the EA online store (49.99). I still dont get how a digital download costs more than a physical copy of the game. Theres no material or shipping cost for a download! Grrr! Anyways ya, most MMOs come with a free months play. WAR doesn't ask for your credit card details until you actually want to subscribe. So enjoy your first month free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Got mine from DirectDownload - 30 quid Sterling. Had no time to buy it from anywhere local so just left it downloading last night and installing it all now since I got back from work.

Not too bothered paying the same for a digital download, I only end up throwing out the original boxes and manuals anyway.

Gonan pick up the US version when I'm over there next month.

Advertisement