Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

slingbox classic with sky plus AND dvd recorder

• 19-09-2008 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭

I have setup my new slingbox on skyj plus without any problems but it also allows one to connect another source so I tried to connect my pioneer 530h dvd recorder. I have used the s-video connection for sky which only leaves a coax connection but when I run through setup it fails to give a picture. Is there anyway of getting this connected. I have considered using the dvd source for the skyplus output as it goes to it anway but it won't let me setup two sources on s-video. Apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Last

I may be wrong but I understand that the Slingbox classic just has the one AV input. The Slinbox pro apparently has 4 av inputs. The Classic does have a built in analogue tuner so you can connect a cable or any rf input or daisychained inputs. You can connect the DVD recorder to the cable input but you will then have to tune the slingbox in to it. You will however not be able to control it remotely.
    I have not tried this but it just may be possible to change the slingbox initial setup to control the dvd by marrying it to the dvd recorder and although its connected by rf cable the remote control may work. Its a lot of bother though to switch from Sky to DVD and then back again but I think it should work. If you are thinking like I was when I first set it up you are now saying **## I should have bought the PRO version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

:o
    Last wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I understand that the Slingbox classic just has the one AV input. The Slinbox pro apparently has 4 av inputs. The Classic does have a built in analogue tuner so you can connect a cable or any rf input or daisychained inputs. You can connect the DVD recorder to the cable input but you will then have to tune the slingbox in to it. You will however not be able to control it remotely.
    I have not tried this but it just may be possible to change the slingbox initial setup to control the dvd by marrying it to the dvd recorder and although its connected by rf cable the remote control may work. Its a lot of bother though to switch from Sky to DVD and then back again but I think it should work. If you are thinking like I was when I first set it up you are now saying **## I should have bought the PRO version.

http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005351.html

I can setup either skyplus or the dvd recorder on the s-video input but only one or the other. When it prompts me to set up another input it won't let me choose s-video again (I was going to use the dvd output for both sources which is the skyplus output but with added functionality of playing dvds and recordings) and have two profiles, one for sky the other for the dvd recorder but alas no. I may try and connect the dvd recorder using the regular composites and hope that the s-video uses that source for the sound for the sky profile. :o

Edit: If there exist such a thing as a composite to coax converter maybe that would work

Advertisement