Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"inactive" drop down menu

Options
  • 19-09-2008 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

I appear to have a new drop-down menu at the top of my screen titled "inactive", but have no access to it when I click on it. Am I supposed to be seeing it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same here.
    Noticed it earlier and meant to ask...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Should be gone now, may require a forced recache.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its all gone now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sully wrote: »
    Its all gone now :p
    +1.

No drop down whatsoever.

EDIT: it's back now again.

+1.

No drop down whatsoever.

EDIT: it's back now again.
    Scratch that. Gone again now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No drop-down menu for me either. Damn, I feel lost. :D

Edit: back

Have just changed it to serve from static.boards.ie, let's see if it makes a difference...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Was being a bit finnicky for me earlier but a refresh sorts the problem

*clears cache and cookies.

Nope, still nothing.
    Using IE6 if maybe that's why.

*clears cache and cookies.

Nope, still nothing.
    Using IE6 if maybe that's why.
    No, not an IE6 thing. Menu is working fine (now), I expect something futzy has happened with javascript on your machine. If closing down and reopening all your IE windows and/or a reboot doesn't fix it I'll be stumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Reboot the entire internet - I think it's some where in America - Mount Rushmore, maybe...

CuLT wrote: »
    No, not an IE6 thing. Menu is working fine (now), I expect something futzy has happened with javascript on your machine. If closing down and reopening all your IE windows and/or a reboot doesn't fix it I'll be stumped.
    Strangely, rebooting last week did nothing, but today whatever fix you put in on the skins seems to have also brought back the drop-down menu with it.

I can also see google ads, and navigation images that were previously blocked in work, for some reason www.boards.ie is blocked, yet everythingelse.boards.ie gets me through, did you shuffle things around the sub-domains?

Strangely, rebooting last week did nothing, but today whatever fix you put in on the skins seems to have also brought back the drop-down menu with it.

I can also see google ads, and navigation images that were previously blocked in work, for some reason www.boards.ie is blocked, yet everythingelse.boards.ie gets me through, did you shuffle things around the sub-domains?
    Yeah, shifted a lot of static content to one server this morning.

The menu and most of the vbulletin javascript / images / adverts all load off the same server.

Would have changed the domain on some things and the IP address the rest of the static content resolves to.

(Note: this only applies to the default skin)

Advertisement