Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n95 8gb as modem speed issues

• 19-09-2008 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

i am trying to use my n95 8gb as a modem now i can get it all connected and on the net no issues but the speed is crap.

when i connect to the net using one touch i can only connect at 921kbps that is the max speed windows xp will connect with the phone at

when i go into the setting of the n95 modem the max speed i can select is 921000? bps which turns into 921kbps

but i am not even getting this on speedtest im lucky to get 250k dl

what can i do to increase the speed i am with vodafone so should i not be getting near 3meg i know it wont be all the time but surely it should be more than 250k

any help would be great

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's the usb driver for the n95, it's restricted. I use walking hotspot to turn it into a wifi routes and have no restriction in speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

how do i go about setting that up ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

how do i go about setting that up ???

walkinghotspot.com ...all info/download is there; but whs is no longer beta/free!!! 7-day trial is available though!
    Google for "joikuspot" ...similar app that is freeware! Have their own support site/forum etc... ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Or connnect via usb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

strecker wrote: »
    walkinghotspot.com ...all info/download is there; but whs is no longer beta/free!!! 7-day trial is available though!
    Google for "joikuspot" ...similar app that is freeware! Have their own support site/forum etc... ;)

Joikuspot doesnt seem to be free any longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

whisht wrote: »
    Joikuspot doesnt seem to be free any longer

it is: joikuspot light: http://www.joiku.com/?action=products&mode=productDetails&product_id=310 the light version has some limitations though...oops

Advertisement