Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimmens jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

F.A. wrote: »
    Well, some people really take ironing to new extremes.

They certainly do...

ExtremeUnderwaterIroning.jpg

www.extremeironing.com ftw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Rozabeez wrote: »
    "You're a girl, you do it." attitude in a serious manner, then he'd probably find my knee in his crotch.

You dont go for the withering glance then?

I'm good at that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

But if I like ironing, and yore ma likes ironing, and you think I'm a weirdo for liking ironing, does that make yore ma a weirdo???
    There's one significant difference ... she's a woman!!

Oh, wait ... sh1t!! ... what have I said?! :eek:

/crawls under bed
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    lollers, never had them starched and ironed then.
    Never needed starch down there! :pac:
    But if someone takes the, "You're a girl, you do it." attitude in a serious manner, then he'd probably find my knee in his crotch.
    /makes notes on how to wind Roz up

/makes second note re: wearing athletic cup before doing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Excellent. That's her Christmas gift sorted. A trip to the next diving location with an iron and a camera. Doesn't matter what she irons as it should take forever anyway! Hey, if it makes the lady happy!

Cheers WindSock, made my evening. :cool: Perfect for when she next makes a snide remark aimed at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

:)

In fairness, my mother LOVED ironing, she found it very relaxing, would set herself up in front of the tv and iron for hours!

I remember watching my dad iron a lot more than my mom. He even ironed and starched his jeans!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its very important to iron jeans! My ma irons towels sometimes. Never starches stuff though.

Its very important to iron jeans! My ma irons towels sometimes. Never starches stuff though.

Towels??? Jaysus. I mean I love nice, freshly ironed items but I hate the process of ironing too much to actually do it. And why is it important to iron jeans? If you get them fresh out of the dryer they haven't got any wrinkles anyway?

Well they might not be as wrinkled, although it depends on the drier. Off the line would be better, but still, jeans that are ironed feel better when you put them on imo.

It doesn't particularly bother me if a man asks for help with a household job, take for example tonight my brother asked me does he cook onions or mushrooms first, and what the correct way to chop an onion is. But if someone takes the, "You're a girl, you do it." attitude in a serious manner, then he'd probably find my knee in his crotch.

Did you end doing it though ~suspicious~, men are above helpless puppy dog eyed ploys like that you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ooooh I hate the sly, "can you help me with this, please show me you are so much better at this then I am" trick to get you to do it for them.

• Advertisement

ooooh I hate the sly, "can you help me with this, please show me you are so much better at this then I am" trick to get you to do it for them.
    /sighs

/puts it away

:(

/looks at randylonghorn

Yeah that line is never going to work when you try to use it about a handjob :P

I know someone who's ma irons socks... then again she seperates the laundry in to something like 12 different loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

In our current society, I think it's fair to somewhat assume that women might know more about household chores than men might. This is thankfully changing. Here's hoping in 10yrs time you could think men as equally competent in the household chore department.

Myself and himself are pretty balanced. I'm way tidier than him so do end up tidying up after him a bit but nothing drastic. I laugh at how all he has to do is show up and my apartment gets messier instantly :) I don't mind the mess so much as he makes the place a little homelier.

He does all the cooking as he enjoys it whereas I don't. Other than taking out the rubbish I find I have to tell him to do other jobs though. He just doesn't seem to realise that they need to be done. If asked to do something he'll just do it however with no drama, apart from when it comes to cleaning the bathroom. Neither of us like to clean the bathroom but he likes to complain about it more than I do :) We split the job and take half the time to do it.

I hate ironing but he doesn't mind it too much. He'll iron my clothes but doesn't enjoy it as much, as due to boobage, women's clothes can me much more finicky to iron. I agree with him on this front. Ironing is a pain in the behind!!

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

b3t4 wrote: »
    I hate ironing A.

Am I a freak :eek: - I actually like ironing, I find it a calming, relaxing exercise.

Am I a freak :eek: - I also like cleaning windows.

dh0661 wrote: »
    Am I a freak :eek: - I actually like ironing, I find it a calming, relaxing exercise.

Am I a freak :eek: - I also like cleaning windows.

Cleaning windows is a good time! It's very satisfying.

Ironing is great, but I think that still makes us freaks tbh.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Freak!
    Ironing is great, but I think that still makes us freaks tbh.

Freak!

Sorry, but it had to be said. :P

Ironing is the most tedious and boring activity on the planet.

Zaph wrote: »
    Freak!

Freak!

I agree, ironing is awful. Plus I always manage to burn myself, I'm a clumsy feck.

I love cleaning bathrooms, though, someone brought that up earlier. I also really enjoy fixing things around the house, I guess that's a stereotypically male thing. Putting furniture together is fun, too.

Zaph wrote: »
    Freak!

Freak!

Reported for abuse! bastard. :mad:
    PillyPen wrote: »
    I agree, ironing is awful. Plus I always manage to burn myself, I'm a clumsy feck.

I love cleaning bathrooms, though, someone brought that up earlier. I also really enjoy fixing things around the house, I guess that's a stereotypically male thing. Putting furniture together is fun, too.

I brought up the bathroom cleaning! Any time you want to make a bathroom ironing swap just let me know!

I brought up the bathroom cleaning! Any time you want to make a bathroom ironing swap just let me know!
    Lolz, the only items I own that would need ironing are satin. I don't think I trust you with them!! (That could be rectified by you sending a portfolio of your ironing skillz!):D

• Advertisement

Oooh, I don't think I've ever ironed anything delicate like that. I'd need to get me something satin to practice!

Oooh, I don't think I've ever ironed anything delicate like that. I'd need to get me something satin to practice!

O_o

I knew it! I feckin' knew it!!

:pac:

Knew what????

I couldn't watch the whole video, its so..wrong.

I love that website, especially Sarah Haskins! The yogurt video is full of roffles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

PillyPen wrote: »
    Cleaning windows is a good time! It's very satisfying.

Not in Ireland it's not! Bloody rain... :mad:

F.A. wrote: »
    Not in Ireland it's not! Bloody rain... :mad:

Ohhhh I forgot about that!! Lolz. Leave it to the rain to take the pleasure out of the simplest things!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I recently discovered the pleasure of assembling flatpack furniture. Such satisfaction! I'm staring smugly at my bookcases as I type. Typically woman jobs like ironing and cleaning are crap cos things get wrinkled and dirty almost straight away, whereas my amazing assembling-skillz mean these bookcases are never coming down!

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    I recently discovered the pleasure of assembling flatpack furniture. Such satisfaction! I'm staring smugly at my bookcases as I type. Typically woman jobs like ironing and cleaning are crap cos things get wrinkled and dirty almost straight away, whereas my amazing assembling-skillz mean these bookcases are never coming down!
    Seriously?!! Assembling flatpack furniture, now that I think of it, is actually worse than ironing. There's always one piece of wood too few, at least twice as many screws as you can find a use for, the instructions packed with them are for a different piece of furniture and are written by a Korean who has learned his English from rap songs, and the one nut that is essential to tie the whole damn thing together is the one that has just rolled down between the floorboards ... :rolleyes:

Advertisement