Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

detailer.ie

Options
  • 19-09-2008 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just a quick plug for detailer.ie - I was humming and hawing about sending the car down to get a correction detail. Wasn't sure was it worth the money.

I have to say, I'm amazed how it turned out - there was some "smearing" on the paintwork, and some scratches which had penetrated the top layer of the lacquer/wax (but not into the paint). Both issues are sorted out, and the car is looking better than ever. The finish on the car is way better than I've ever achieved when waxing myself. Wheels cleaned, tyres dressed etc., all in all a great job!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

I have also seen a good few results from detailer.ie, perfectionists in their work and the finishing results are second to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

seen some amazing work done by them ... welll worth the money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

I wish I was so anal I cared.

I clean my car once a week, For 3 hours it is clean enough for me to notice the swirls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

andy's work is top notch and good value for the time he puts into it

if you want your car to look like new, he is the man.

And dont do it when you are about to sell your car, do it for yourself so you can appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

maidhc wrote: »
    I wish I was so anal I cared.

I clean my car once a week, For 3 hours it is clean enough for me to notice the swirls.

If your car is waxed, it usually lasts a few rain sessions before it gets 'dirty'.

I don't have the time to do more than wash mine but I do wash it with a decent shampoo (Meguairs somethign or other) and with a wash mitt / microfibre towels rather than the washing up liquid / manky sponge everyone else does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

MYOB wrote: »
    If your car is waxed, it usually lasts a few rain sessions before it gets 'dirty'.

I don't have the time to do more than wash mine but I do wash it with a decent shampoo (Meguairs somethign or other) and with a wash mitt / microfibre towels rather than the washing up liquid / manky sponge everyone else does.

But wax doesnt repel cow sh1t, unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

maidhc wrote: »
    But wax doesnt repel cow sh1t, unfortunately!

ON the car or IN the car? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

what kinda money for an average sized saloon?

€400 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Boots2006

Cyrus wrote: »
    And dont do it when you are about to sell your car, do it for yourself so you can appreciate it!

Funnily enough, I am selling it! (sitting on adverts.ie as we speak - 2003 E39 530D). Reason I got it done was NOT to help it sell, but I reckon with the spectacular lack of interest at the moment, I could be looking at it for a while ...

Its been rained on since I got it done, but you can still see the lustre under the rain marks, and the amount of comments about it (from petrolheads and non-petrol heads alike) is unreal.

Came in at €425 BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I understood that this is more correcting and fixing the paint, rather than just a valet. It's not as if all the benefits of the service are gone after the first shìtty day of weather?

eoin_s wrote: »
    I understood that this is more correcting and fixing the paint, rather than just a valet. It's not as if all the benefits of the service are gone after the first shìtty day of weather?

you are correct eoin

altho its important that you look after the car after its done, ie no more drive thro car washes :eek:

Advertisement