Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humming from fuse box

• 19-09-2008 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

There is a humming sound coming from my fuse box and I have checked and everything seems to be installed properly with nothing loose. What would be the best way to proceed now? I would not have a clue of electrics!

Shakeydude

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its probobly some power supply on the din rail A door bell or intercom possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭shakeydude

is it worth looking to get repaired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

It's probably the meter. There is that little dial that turns. Ask a sparks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Are you on a dual tariff metering? If so, is humming only at night? If it is, then it's most likely the night rate relay.

If not the above, turn off mcb's one by one until buzzing stops. Find out what is not functioning via this mcb and if the doorbell is included, then it's most likely the doorbell transformer as previously pointed out by koolkid.

Either way, I don't see an issue if the buzzing is from the components, but if it annoys you, have a sparks replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭shakeydude

Thanks Andrea,

It is only at night when I notice it. Its not that annoying I was just concerned that something could go wrong with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement