Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J-Visa for the USA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

is that for the year long j-1 or the standard summer visa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I emailed both USIT & SAYIT the same day last week to get more info.
    Sayit got back to me straight away and even rang me to tell me about it. I'm getting the forms sent out on Monday.

USIT can fcuk right off tbh.

Can I ask which email addresses you used for USIT and SAYIT? I tried emailing SAYIT last week at the address on their site, sayit.travel@sayit.ie but my email bounced back and I couldn't find any address for USIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

The new 12 month one.
    They have the forms already? :confused:
    Can we start applying for it now?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

le_girl wrote: »
    Can I ask which email addresses you used for USIT and SAYIT? I tried emailing SAYIT last week at the address on their site, sayit.travel@sayit.ie but my email bounced back and I couldn't find any address for USIT.

Would also like to know this. Have they released the exact requirements.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ya i have the girls sayit email address but prob wont be much good to ye unless ye're in Cork.
    She explained the requirements to me on the phone but i was only half listening because i was daydreaming about sipping a Corona on Pacific Beach.

She also said that SAYIT are launching a mini site this week which will have all the info.

Im in Cork and would be interested in contacting them to find out more, what was the email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Do SAYIT have any offices outside of Cork? Was looking to see if there was a branch in Dublin, but can't seem to find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 clarebearstare

Yep Sayit have an office either n Trinity or near it...did a J1 through them years ago and found them really helpful. I'll certainly be on the phone to them tomorrow!

I found a working address for SAYIT and emailed them, they said they're "currently awaiting information on this programme and will be in touch soon".

At least they know I'm interested now I suppose and they were very quick with the reply. The address I used was J1Visa@sayit.ie

• Advertisement

Have you all, that are calling SAYIT, graduated?

Can you recall what the requirements were about non-students, or students re-starting college in sept? I am returning to college in Sept, I have a year done but am changing courses. What do you think my chances are? I'd only be interested in going from Feb to Sept for my own reasons (college starting in Sept)

I thought the main thing was you wouldn't need a job before going over. I have plenty of relatives that can get me a job and have told me so. But I have no graduate qualifications, one year of college completed and returning next sept to a new course.
    I'm sceptical of my chances. Which sucks because I'm on a year out now and bored out of my brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

If any guys are looking for a job moving furniture in Boston and maybe San Diego give me an email and I can give you an email address! Tough work though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

:(
    "Employment must be secured before Visa is granted"
    Where are you getting this from? Surely this makes the whole exercise pointless.

^ From his previous posts I'm guessing that quote is from the forms that SAYIT sent him.

I'm also really confused now. My plan was to head over as soon as I got the visa, stay with family, and spend a few weeks looking for a job. This is hard enough as it is and now it pretty much all has to be done via phone and email?

• Advertisement

How are the forms available already though? I thought applications hadn't been opened yet..

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    If any guys are looking for a job moving furniture in Boston and maybe San Diego give me an email and I can give you an email address! Tough work though....

May look into this when I know more, Cheers. Boston i'll hopefully be going to.

Applications are open since Nov 3rd afaik.

Mate, are you getting confused between the existing internship visa (j-2, i think) and the new 12 month j-1 visa that hasn't yet been launched?

I hope to be proved wrong

Applications are open since Nov 3rd afaik.
    :eek: Crap, totally missed that if it's true! Must go look into this.

EDIT: Zero mention of it on Usit site though

Possibly... :o Its all very confusing...

That is what I thought, easy mistake to make, this visa thing is extremely complicated process.

i just hope they publish some info soon, I'm checking every day!

:o Thanks veritable..
    I rang to confirm just there and it is the existing visa forms she sent me out... :(

They are currently in negotiations with their partner company in the US about details of the new 12 Month J-Visa. They hope details will be made public in the next 10 days and will have a new site up within 2 weeks.

Very sorry for posting incorrect/misleading info. here.... I thought i had made it clear on the phone that i was enquiring about the new Visa and not the existing internship one.

Oh well, back to the waiting game...

Thanks for helping anyway, glad to hear you were wrong, I would've been up **** creek then. :D

• Advertisement

:o Thanks veritable..
    I rang to confirm just there and it is the existing visa forms she sent me out... :(

They are currently in negotiations with their partner company in the US about details of the new 12 Month J-Visa. They hope details will be made public in the next 10 days and will have a new site up within 2 weeks.

Very sorry for posting incorrect/misleading info. here.... I thought i had made it clear on the phone that i was enquiring about the new Visa and not the existing internship one.

Oh well, back to the waiting game...
    Oh ok, confusion over :)

I hope they release the information soon though, it's been ages since the original announcement.

Advertisement