Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #50 - The Who - Tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

A great band who are long overdue an appearance in AOTW.

Tommy is pivotal in their career, going from pop song writers to writing music of deeper heavier substance. I must admit I always hated the term 'Rock Opera', it clouds the fact that Tommy is full of blinding tracks that stand out on their own ,Acid Queen , Amazing Journey, Pinball Wizard, We're not gonna take it, See me Feel me.

In a recent documentary on the Who it was interestingly revealed that Roger Daltrey really found his place in the band with the creation of Tommy. And I think it shows in the live footage from around the time. Tommy was the perfect vehicle for Daltrey.

The Ken Russell film and remake of the soundtrack is also well worth a listen, featuring Clapton doing Eyesight for the Blind, Elton Johns memorable Pinball wizard, that guy from 'Just good friends' Cousin Kevin, Tina Turner's blistering Acid Queen.

now for some vids

Live at woodstock see me feel me

Live at the Isle of wight Amazing Journey

Tina Turner as the Acid Queen

And er... Ann Margret and some baked beans

Advertisement