Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career Advice

• 19-09-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey,

My Q is that would my career suffer if I went and did ACCA straight than if I did a Post Grad in Acc...I have to decide soon:eek:....

further to the above question :D...

Is it possible to get into a good firm with a Partial ACCA Qual, say a good medium sized accountancy firm?

Cheers for the help guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

Hi
    I assume you are just starting out. If you are sure you want to pursue a career in accountany you should go straight for the ACCA, you can get a degree from a college in England once you have part completed ACCA. My advice is to go straight for ACCA

Good luck with the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rrocksy9

onehorse wrote: »
    Hi
    I assume you are just starting out. If you are sure you want to pursue a career in accountany you should go straight for the ACCA, you can get a degree from a college in England once you have part completed ACCA. My advice is to go straight for ACCA

Good luck with the decision

sorry should have given a bit of a back story, have got a masters in politics and was just woundering if not having a Post grad in Acc would hirt my future career prospects...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Highly unlikely. Companies want the accountancy qualification. That is most important. The ACCA and ACA qualifications are recognised by HETAC as level 9, so there shouldn't be a problem. Plus, if you wanted a second degree in accounting, you could do an aextra project once completing you ACCA exams to recieve a BSc (Hon) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University.

I have a BA in Literature and Creative Writing from the States. I got loads of interviews with small practices and was able to get an interview in a BIG 4. I just started with a BIG 4 2 weeks ago. So I wouldn't worry about the degree you currently have.

You could do the PGD in Accounting, but it really isn't worth it. It will only give you exemptions from your first year of exams. You will still have to complete 3 years of training. The year spent on the PGD course, you couldn've been completing your first year of training.

Well, just something to think about. Best of luck. Cheers!

Advertisement