Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing glare from reflective jacket

Options
  • 19-09-2008 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Ahoy!

Any suggestions on how to sort this out?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well those pixels are over exposed so there is no useful information there.
    what do you want with this image? To make the rest brighter or just tone down the glare?

Also the image quality is terrible so you won't get much out of it.
    Best you can do I'd say is avoid direct flash and up your ISO to improve shutter speed.
    Upping ISO will add more noise so its a bit of a balancing act lighting wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

5uspect wrote: »
    Well those pixels are over exposed so there is no useful information there.
    what do you want with this image? To make the rest brighter or just tone down the glare?

Also the image quality is terrible so you won't get much out of it.
    Best you can do I'd say is avoid direct flash and up your ISO to improve shutter speed.
    Upping ISO will add more noise so its a bit of a balancing act lighting wise.

Sorry, I should have explained better...

This is just a zoomed in section from a much bigger picture, this guy with his reflective jacket is just detracting from the main picture subject so I just wanted to tone down the overall glare in this section, but cause it's affecting so much of the surrounding area, it's a bit tricky to deal with.

I can't post the whole picture as it's of one of my friends and I don't think she'd be too happy. She loves the pic so I'm trying to fix it up a bit. Here's the pic with her blocked out. FYI she's looking up at the sky and the light flare looks cool with her facial expression

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ah i see
    sure just use the burn tool in photoshop. Set it to highlight mode and up the strenght to about 50%. Give it a few licks of burn. here's a quick job:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Ah deadly! Thanks! :D

I haven't been using PS much at all recently, and it's mad the way you forget everything so quickly... (well I do anyway..)

Ta!

Advertisement