Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Scenic

Options
  • 19-09-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I bought a Renault Scenic(privatley) about 6 months ago but somehow didn't spot that something was wrong with the engine. I think it was probably the head gasket. Anyway, an excessive amount of oil was being burnt and every so often there would be a puff of white smoke from the exhaust after a lull in the engine. On my way to Cork the engine gave up on me. I got the whole top end rebuilt(for a pretty penny) but the situation hasn't improved as I'm still burning oil and today I had a plume of smoke behind me going uphill. Any advice, I'm going to contact the guy who fixed it but am really thinking of trading it in for a jap motor (this is my first non jap) but am sure a garage will spot the problem (unlike me):confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No advice, but a free bump! ;)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement