Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local dentists thread <merged>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 smitty1979

Have to say Dr. Fiona Lyons. She's spot on and very gentle..... always has a chat and then does a nice clean xrays and off I go. been going to her for years now and all my family have moved to her over the last few years. Had a few nightmare experiences in the past before her... Too much Cola!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hey all,
    Already asked this in dental issues but this is probably more apt.
    Can anyone recommend a good dentist around the city, preferably on the renmore/mervue/ballybane side of town.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elephant85

Hi there,

New to Galway City and am looking for a denist. Anyone able to recommend one please?

Thanks,
    Fiona

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Do a search of this forum, it's come up a few times

rosgirl21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I to to Dr Eoin Fleetwood on Prospect Hill - Eyre Square Dental Surgery I think is the proper name. I found all the staff very nice and felt quite relaxed - which makes a nice change considering I am extremely nervous when it comes to going to the Dentist.

Would definately recommend them.

Thanks Rosgirl21,
    Went on your recomendation. I was delighted with the service, the consultations and the general feel of the place. Dentistry really has changed a lot in the past 13 years (I am glad to say)
    I've 4 trips to get my mouth sorted out, halfway there now and am glad I was forced into going to a dentist.
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Recently switched dentists and now go to Dr Kieran Davitt, across from GMIT, dead sound and talks a bit like Tom Dunne which can be soothing at time even if he is just saying "Now next I'm going to extract this tooth and then stitch the gum"..yeearrgh!
    Prices are reasonable and there seems to be no problem in getting appointments suitable to work hours etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Has anyone used this dentist before? http://www.goldenpages.ie/reviews.ds?detailsListingId=IE_713041_1

I haven't had work done on my teeth since I was a kid (my mother has a fear of dentists and she never brought me).. I need 4 teeth removed at least.

[-0-] wrote: »
    Has anyone used this dentist before? http://www.goldenpages.ie/reviews.ds?detailsListingId=IE_713041_1

I haven't had work done on my teeth since I was a kid (my mother has a fear of dentists and she never brought me).. I need 4 teeth removed at least.

Yes,
    Thats the guy Rosgirl recommended to me a few posts up. Been at him 3 times now in the past few weeks, a couple more visits and will be sound again.
    Find them very nice to deal with, soothing and a great service.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

kippy wrote: »
    Yes,
    Thats the guy Rosgirl recommended to me a few posts up. Been at him 3 times now in the past few weeks, a couple more visits and will be sound again.
    Find them very nice to deal with, soothing and a great service.
    Kippy

Thanks Kippy! I will definitely be going so. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Can anyone recommend a dentist who accepts medical cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can anyone recommend a dentist who accepts medical cards?

Dr Liam McGee. Unit 2 Laurence House Merchants Road, Galway 091-566614 . I've been to him lots and found him exceptionally nice and excellent at his job. He's also right in town which is handy.He definitely accepts medical cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

chilly wrote: »
    Dr Liam McGee. Unit 2 Laurence House Merchants Road, Galway 091-566614 . I've been to him lots and found him exceptionally nice and excellent at his job. He's also right in town which is handy.He definitely accepts medical cards.

Perfect, I'll call first thing Monday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Heres my man.... Hes very reasonable, you could always give a ring for a quick word first...

Aiken Mr J
    4 Woodburn Park, Derry, BT47 5P

028 7134 3543 (map below)

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=15&title=Aiken%20Mr%20J&countryCode=GB&qs=BT47%205PS#map=54.99282,-7.29786|15|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:54.99282:-7.29812:15|BT47%205PS|BT47%205PS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Can anyone recommend me a good Dentist in Galway city centre.
    I need either a root canal or an extraction.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 catleo

stevoxbx wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend me a good Dentist in Galway city centre.
    I need either a root canal or an extraction.

Cheers!

Yes go to Smiles in Middle St and book with Olivia Apperley, she is brilliant and very professional. Ph 091 575 007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Dr. John Flavelle in Frank Cuddy Clinic on the Bridge 091533533

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with the really long "Dentist thread", lots of suggestions above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Another +1 for Dr Liam McGee. Unit 2 Laurence House Merchants Road, Galway. Or actually for the woman who's working with him ... Nora <<can't remember>>.

And big smiles for his receptionist who put up with me changing the appointment time over and over again too (I'm temping).

One thing to watch: if you're getting a filling, check beforehand what material they plan to use. It appears that precautionary standards that are followed overseas (ie no more mercury!) don't apply here. I'll know better next time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MrBill

Couldn't agree more. It's 2009. If you're researching dental treatment, stop shopping around for the cheapest "deal" because you'll end up with cheap work done.

I don't get how people are willing to shell out when they're buying a car (or beer), but want rock bottom prices when they're dealing with their teeth. You WILL regret it when you're learning to speak all over again with your brand new dentures.

Alot of dentists in Ireland use crap labs "down the street" which are basically sweat shops full of migrant workers using the cheapest materials available. That's why you're getting such a bargain.

If you're having work done, make sure your dentist can guarantee he's using a quality lab and quality materials, not lead-filled crowns from China.

Oh yes :rolleyes:, to think that a dental surgery would employ a receptionist and a hygienist... a SURE sign of greed.

What does he do? Answer the phone and take payments while he's drilling your teeth? Sounds like a skinflint to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

MrBill wrote: »
    Oh yes :rolleyes:, to think that a dental surgery would employ a receptionist and a hygienist... a SURE sign of greed.

What does he do? Answer the phone and take payments while he's drilling your teeth? Sounds like a skinflint to me.

He has an answering machine,and after the work is done you get to spend more time while making the payment chating with your dentist about your teeth,not being ushered out to a secretary.I'm sure at least some of the savings made by not having staff are passed on as his prices are reasonable.

Owldshtok wrote: »
    He has an answering machine,and after the work is done you get to spend more time while making the payment chating with your dentist about your teeth,not being ushered out to a secretary.I'm sure at least some of the savings made by not having staff are passed on as his prices are reasonable.

Oh I see. When you said he wasn't greedy you meant that he doesn't care to run a busy practice. My bad.

MrBill wrote: »
    Oh I see. When you said he wasn't greedy you meant that he doesn't care to run a busy practice. My bad.

Mr Bill - switch to decaf.I was simply agreeing with your previous comments and adding another suggestion/reccomendation for a 'good,reasonable dentist is Galway'.

...inGalway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mallett

orantown dental centre

Dr.Whitney is the best ever. imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

Anyone know what Smiles is like for price and service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

Anyone know what Smiles is like for price and service?

Anyone!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

I have an appointment with Smiles for Thursday. Didnt really look into any other dentists, just heard about Smiles on the radio so lets hope its as good as its made out to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Please do come back and tell us how you found it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 agsiul

I would highly recommend Conor Lally. He's down in Steamship House on the Docks. I think the number is: 091-563342. I've been going to Conor since I was in school. My teeth are perfect even though I say so myself. He should sort you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement