Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local dentists thread <merged>

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

You'd need an orthodontist, but maybe smiles do Invisiglin braces? I'd highly recommend Kavanagh and Crean in the Crescent orthodontists if you need them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

You'd need an orthodontist, but maybe smiles do Invisiglin braces? I'd highly recommend Kavanagh and Crean in the Crescent orthodontists if you need them.

Well the thing is I think is I may need some work done on my teeth before the braces go i.e a tooth pulled,so would the orthodontists do that or would I be referred to a dentist?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Hey guys.
    I broke my tooth today could anyone recommend a good dentist in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Theres a guy beside Mercy Primary, can't think of his name, cheap and really nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Where is Mercy Primary? I'm not originally from Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I've been to peter Gannon in Knocknacarra. You can google hom. Found him good and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055381314

Personally, I've used the eyre square dental clinic extensively last year and found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

renmore dental clinic (on the dublin road) is very good imo. gone there a few time and have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

One friend used to use Liam McGee on I think Merchants Rd, another used one on Bridge St, on the town side of the bridge, just down from McIsaacs

There are other threads of a similar nature on this forum (GC) with more recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭purerandom

Can anyone recommend a dentist in Galway city, perferably the east side of the city, tuam road, etc?
    Also, someone told me as a PAYE employee i can get a checkup free, is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do a search on this forum, there was a big thread on this a while back.

I think you need something like 10 years of PRSI stamps .. have a vague feeling there was a change to the rules in the last budget too. Try searching Citizens Information - more likely to get the real deal there than here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with the big dentist thread.
    There is also a dental forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

JustMary wrote: »
    Do a search on this forum, there was a big thread on this a while back.

I think you need something like 10 years of PRSI stamps .. have a vague feeling there was a change to the rules in the last budget too. Try searching Citizens Information - more likely to get the real deal there than here I think.

Ya that PRSI relief is gone now. You used to get money off some dental procedures and a free checkup and cleaning once a year. Don't know what you really get for your PRSI now anymore but there is going to be a complete overhaul of that in the next budget. Think its going to be a name change with more than likely an increase aswell.

Back on topic though but has anyone at all gone to Smiles in Galway and if so what did they think of them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

biko wrote: »
    Dr Asta Reddin
    Bridge street

Whereabouts is her office located in galway?

It's around the corner from MacIsaac's, overlooking the pond.
    Map

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hi All!

Was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good dentist in Galway..Think I have to bite the bullet and go see one! Cant take the pain any longer..Ha ha!
    Would really appreciate any info on any dentist.the last guy i went to is no longer in Galway...:o

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Use the search function. There is loads of threads on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Thanks, i never saw the search button before!! oops..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

cant26 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good dentist in Galway..Think I have to bite the bullet and go see one! Cant take the pain any longer..Ha ha!
    Would really appreciate any info on any dentist.the last guy i went to is no longer in Galway...:o

Thanks!

Hi Have anyone who is realy realy scared of going to the dentist ever had implants or root canal work done?
    How did you get trough it?
    Are you fully awake for it?

What is "The Gate clinic in Galway" like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fuzzywossy

Whilst I don't attend this surgery anymore, when I did attend the Dentist was very nice and very re-assuring I had root canal done there and it was completely painless. There is absolutely nothing to worry about, even getting the injection is completely painless these days, but that being said I would imagine its painless in most Dentists nowadays. I am quite a nervous dental patient, and I got through quite a bit of dental work recently with no problems. Good luck to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just thought I'd mention that Dr Eilis O Hagan does Saturday appointments. Never easy to find a dentist that does I have found so it may be handy for someone else to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Can anyone recommend a 'good gentle i love my job' dental hygienist that charges around the €65 mark for a scale & polish?
    I want to take advantage of the Colgate offer.

Please use the Dental forum for these queries in the future.
    This forum has been spammed enough by dentists/dental shills.
    Thank you.

There are plenty of suggestions already in the above thread for anyone who is looking for dental help. or ask in the Dental forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement