Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audit v. Advisory

• 19-09-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

I'm starting to apply for graduate ACA position for 2009 at the moment and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice.

At the moment, I think I would eventually like to end up in a finance position (controllership/CFO/FD) in industry. Am I correct in thinking that studying for an ACA through the Audit function is the best way to transfer into industry after qualification?

If I decide that I wish to stay in practice after my ACA but wish to move to another function (probably corporate finance or restructuring), is it difficult to make the move? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

In my experience, Yes audit is the best function for you to train in.
    No it is not hard to make the move into other areas.
    Best of luck with the milkround!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

From all the people I've talked to (heads of M&A, partners, college department head etc) all have advised me to do Audit until the FAE's and then look to switch which can be between 18-24 months into your contract. I've been told most of the Big 4 are very accomadating as they want to retain their staff reducing turnover rates.

Advertisement