Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mixer?? - again

Options
  • 19-09-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I want to buy a mixer, but in every website i see there are mixers listed under live sound and then mixers listed under recording. is there a difference between mixers that are used for recording and mixers used for pa?? I want to buy a 4 - 6 mic chanel mixer for recording on my digital 8 track. so if i see any one i like should i just go for it regardless of whether its in the live sound or recording section???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Go for a recording one... the live ones tend to be built like a tank or offer features only used in live venues... a simple little spirit / soundcraft mixer home recording mixer will cover most scenarios for use (even if you had to go live!)

Unless you want a mixer that you can drop off your luggage trolly / ford transit then go for a simple home one.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭somerandomguy

but is there any atual difference in use? any difference in sound?? all the recording ones are a bit more expensive than the others, and bear in mind that im just looking for something to get sound thru i dont care much for quality tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

One of the main differences in recording consoles is they'll have a Talback system.

Control wise they're pretty much the same, sonically you get what you pay for.

Advertisement