Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban appeal for Motors forum

Options
  • 19-09-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to appeal a permanent ban issued yesterday by Peasant as the moderator of the Motors forum.

The link to offending new thread (which I started) is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6#post57304986

Peasant and I have pm'd over and back, and he has referred me here to appeal.

I'm not sure if you (as admins) can see the PM traffic between us, but to summarise: I can understand how this post might be viewed as a spam, but as is clearly stated, I have no commercial involvement other than as a satisfied customer, and I think it is something of genuine interest to people who want to retrofit factory options to their MB cars - which MB dealers here generally refute as impossible.

I'd appreciate your review of this ban. I can understand how it looks dodgy as a first post so I'll keep my future opinions on hold unless in response to a question.

Thanks,
    Eddie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

eddie, it didn't just look dodgy.

It looked so much like spam that could have sported cheesy grins, had images of a bright sunny day, with kids playing and people watering their gardens, and a generic cheesy American accent.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you probably don't have any affiliation with this company. I can see information that peasant can't see, so unless it's a business belonging to a relation of yours, I'm satisfied that you don't otherwise have any affiliation to the site you linked.

Lifting of the ban is up to peasant, he doesn't have to, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a spammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

peasant has very kindly agreed to lift this ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Hi Seamus, Peasant,

thanks to you both - lesson learned, and as mentioned I will keep recommendations to myself except in answer to queries.

Regards,
    Eddie.

Advertisement