Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi cycling thermals/ high vis jacket

Options
  • 19-09-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    just wondering did anyone did buy the thermal cycling top in Aldi yesterday, I got the medium and before I put it on it looked like it would fit my seven year old, it does fit but very snugly is this the whole point? The high vis jacket does claim to be breatheable but it looks like you'd sweat buckets in them, did anyone buy one and have a chance to try it out yet?

thanks,
    Brendan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

topazkk wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    just wondering did anyone did buy the thermal cycling top in Aldi yesterday, I got the medium and before I put it on it looked like it would fit my seven year old, it does fit but very snugly is this the whole point? The high vis jacket does claim to be breathable but it looks like you'd sweat buckets in them, did anyone buy one and have a chance to try it out yet?

thanks,
    Brendan.

Didn't notice the thermal top yesterday , but last year bought a thermal top and bottoms there , I think they were with the motor bike stuff . They do look very small , but tried 'em last winter ....best purchase I made in years . They are tight / snug fit and very warm on winter nights , If your ones are similar you won't be sorry .
    Bought the high -viz jacket myself , and yeah you're right I expect to sweat buckets in it when I get to use it , "breathable" yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I bought the hi-viz jacket and used it on my commute. I did notice it was a bit wet and I took it easy on the way in this morning. I'd an idea it would be like that but it was so bright I said I'd buy it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Bought the under-top and the pants too, a very snug fit is good with these sort of things, im 6'1" and on the quite stocky side of things, the L top fits me fine and the XL pants fit me well(I have huge legs). They seem to be well made and should last, even if they dont for that price I dont mind too much. I also got the winter jacket and that also seems quite good, didnt manage to get a waterproof in my size in the shop, I might see if there is any left today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yes they're compression thermals, supposed to aid recovery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

kenmc wrote: »
    yes they're compression thermals, supposed to aid recovery too.

Cheers,
    I suspected as much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement