Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wheelset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Either of them would be a decent upgrade... I personally like the fulcrum's (Am after a set of Racing 3's myself soon), but they are both solid and pretty comparable

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

I bought a great training wheelset in cyclesuperstore about two weeks - €145 for a pair of Fulcrum racing 7's - delighted with them - but remember - tyres n tubes n cassettes can double the price so try do a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

I've got a pair of Easton EA 50 SL if your interested, virtually brand new ( 20 miles on them ), they came with my bike but I've a set Campag Shamals so the Eastons are just gonna be hanging on the wall.

Murph

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Easton_EA50_SL_Wheel_Set/5360036597/

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

I bought a great training wheelset in cyclesuperstore about two weeks - €145 for a pair of Fulcrum racing 7's - delighted with them - but remember - tyres n tubes n cassettes can double the price so try do a deal

Slane Cycles have 'em for €134ish with free delivery. I was just gonna swap over my 700x25c Gatorskins (+ tubes) and Shimano 8-speed (11-25t) cassette. Would this be compatible?

@Murph - They're nice wheels, but not really looking to spend that much on a €600 bike tbh

• Advertisement

You can have them for €200 including the Deda Grinta tyres that came with them, ie brand new as well.

Murph

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Just to note, if you are actually in Dublin and it is only a tenner in the difference I would get them from CSS; you can go back then for any tune-ups (which are quite likely to be necessary.)

Murph's wheels look like a very good bargain for the price he is looking for. I'd insist on tubes to seal the deal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

SetOverSet wrote: »
    Slane Cycles have 'em for €134ish with free delivery. I was just gonna swap over my 700x25c Gatorskins (+ tubes) and Shimano 8-speed (11-25t) cassette. Would this be compatible?

@Murph - They're nice wheels, but not really looking to spend that much on a €600 bike tbh

Yeah I'd imagine it'd work - again tho CSS would be the best option if you can coz they're great for popping in and fixing bits n bobs

Murph's wheels look like a very good bargain for the price he is looking for. I'd insist on tubes to seal the deal

OK OK, tubes as well !! :)

Murph

Advertisement