Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do i get mint condition 1 Euro coins?

• 19-09-2008 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,maybe someone has the info i'm looking for.I want to get up to about 200 mint condition 1 euro coins.have tried the local bank branch with no joy as they say they cant get uncirculated coins, they get deliveries only of whatever arrives out of the Brinks van that day.Can coins be obtained over the counter or by order from the central bank or through any other financial institution of the state? Im over west so cant check it out too easily.any guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Wouldn't give up that easily on the banks- they often have mint coins delivered - try visiting a few branches/banks and leave your name/number with the cashiers- one is bound to phone you eventually- it's not much of an ask.
    If up in Dublin, Central bank still exchanges old irish money for euro, so try ringing them at number below to see if they do mint coins.

the Central Bank of Ireland, Dame Street, Dublin 2.

Opening hours at the Bank are 10:00am until 4:00pm, Monday to Friday excluding Bank holidays. The contact number is ( 003531 ) 4344234.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The Central Bank stopped taking bulk orders of mint bags in 2006. Your only hope now is to do as the above poster says and keep chancing your arm at different banks. Most of the coin they get are circulated but they do also get mint ones. You'd really wanna get friendly with someone at a bank as it's not something they'd be looking for usually. Last resort, try ebay but be prepared to pay for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

If You Are Going On holidays Anytime Soon You Will Be Able To Get Them Anywhere
    Places Like Spain Take Your Money And Give You The New Money(G To Mcdonalds When On Holidays And Get A Burger And They Will Give You All New Cions)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kershaw.D wrote: »
    If You Are Going On holidays Anytime Soon You Will Be Able To Get Them Anywhere
    Places Like Spain Take Your Money And Give You The New Money(G To Mcdonalds When On Holidays And Get A Burger And They Will Give You All New Cions)

Eh ya of course they will :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Harbour

thanks to all who replied..did manage to get some after visiting a couple of branches but it was a major hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

I have a few starter bags from before the euro that are unopened, any idea if there'd be any interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Harbour

i wouldnt have a clue.might have been interested myself a month ago..

Advertisement