Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD4 stuttering/hanging during play

• 19-09-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Only got back into CoD4 in the last few days.

Anyway, installed it and the 1.7 patch and after pissing about with that stupid punkbuster not updating and me getting kicked constantly I was able to get some decent multiplayer playing time under my belt.

My problem is tho that at what seems to be random times, it literally freezes up. Its not a lag issue, I mean complete stoppage of gameplay for me, sound and all.

I have to ctrl.alt.del to get my taskmanager which shows the .exe as running and then I hear the game kick back in the background so esc back to the game then.

trés annoying.

vistax64, 4gigs ram, 8600m gt with 17x drivers, it happens at 1280*800 & 800*600 res.

ideas?

happens in SP as well but not to the same extent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DeathMachine

Realtek onboard sound? Major issues with that and COD4 for whatever reason - try plugging a microphone/headphones into the mic port when playing. Sounds stupid, but it actually stopped COD4 crashing on me and it has done for countless others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

only other thing i can suggest is to update your graphics drivers and see if that helps... www.nvidia.com

edit, whats 17x drivers?, Your gfx drivers are the latest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I usually play with headphones on cos the housemate is tooling about on the web beside me but didn't try the mic port. I'll give it a bash when I'm home.

@Murray, it's a laptop graphics card. Using modded drivers, they are the 172 series I *think*, cant confirm now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

It's wierd that it slows gameplay too. My guess it's something that runs in the back round for a few seconds that causes slowdown, or someone dowloading something and giving you gameplay slowdown spikes.

Advertisement