Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Retro Disco Equipment

Options
  • 19-09-2008 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Everyone,
    I aquired some disco equipment recently . A twin deck record player(lancaster mk 2) with all d usual fade and dj knobs etc and a mos-fet sa 400 power amp (400 watts) and a light controller ( logic 4000) and finally some lights.
    They were all made by a company called NJD in England. The thing is the gear is between 20 and 30 years old but i've been unable to find any info about the stuff. eg. Is it any good?, is it valuable etc? Is there anyone out there with any info on this??? It's all n great working condition:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

unlikely to be worth all that much - googling the amp turns up a load of of modern amps by the same manufacturer in the €50 - 150 range

as for the record players, you're talking collector's item probably

since you have the whole setup anyway i'd just say feck it, knock up some shelving in your living room, install the whole lot, hang up a disco ball and go buy some disco and philly soul records

one hell of a conversation piece and kicks the **** out of an "ipod"

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Hey NJD is still a great supplier of lights amps etc, they are the company that brought out the Spectra light ie. the 1500w light for stage replaceing par cans etc.

Not sure if the gear is worth much, if its as old as you think is worth nothing really except to its owner .

What type of light controller is it? is a bulgin connection??

The decks are most likley useless unless they are in full working order now, as id would think replacement needles would be hard to locate.

If the controller is a bulgin type and is working id give ye a few €€ for it.

Bandit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tomrockstar

Here is a pic, judge for urself. I'm not so sure
    The stylus for decks is from a ' Stanton 500 ' cartridge so they are easy to get on web
    I'm thinking of setting everything up right b4 i sell

Yea thats the bulgin type, is there only 1 output on the back??
    its an old 1 alright, if its working id give ye €10 for it if your interested? i have a retro set of lights to suit it, do you have the lights to go with it.

I know this is not adverts but if your willing to sell it give me a shout

ya there are 2 outputs. I have 4 sets of lights with 2 bulgin connectors each so how those connecting them work? Do u connect 1 connector from lighht controller to one set of lights and run another cable from 1st set to 2nd set of lights? I dont have any cables so i cant check? Is it like setting up base bins to tops from a sound system?

• Advertisement

You can use them either way depending on the wattage of the controller, if you plan on using all the lights together only link 2 per side of the controller as you will fry thr controller .As for the leads they can be bought handy enough but they aint cheap.

I found my controller so no interest in buying them now, but if you need any help setting up the gear give me a shout

Ta Bandit,
    ur right about cables and pricing but i want to get everything working , i have a guy who might be taking it off my hands. he runs retro nights at a niteclub playin vinyl .

thanks for info.. really helped

Advertisement