Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, 20 September

Options
  • 19-09-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone on for a spin up the mountains tomorrow? 11am in Dundrum would work well for me but can probably do earlier if required.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

11's a bit late I think, especially if one wants to get back to see the Vuelta after a decent spin. I'd prefer 9, but 10 would be a compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I am in. early is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

OK, lets go for 10 then?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Alright so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm in too. Any idea of which route you will be taking?

From Met Eireann:

"A cloudy, misty start to Saturday, with drizzle in places but soon becoming dry everywhere. Bright or sunny spells will develop by afternoon and it will feel very mild and humid; highest temperatures 16 to 19 degrees Celsius."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

10 luas bridge still the plan? Should be there..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

baring the time of posting in mind... i'm in. like flynn. ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

oops. slept in

kenmc wrote: »
    oops. slept in

You missed a trip up Kippure.

attachment.php?attachmentid=63509&d=1221938751

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Oh dear, sorry I missed that climb.... *ahem*

Big group of people with you all today?

It was a lovely day for it, you could see Wales from the top of Kippure. We went on to Laragh for lunch and came back by the Wicklow Gap.

2873560420_da144e517d.jpg

Blorg and niceonetom climbing Kippure. Last I saw of them until the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I beat the crap out of Kippure!!!! Slowly but I still beat it!
    20%20Sept%2008%20051.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

I think i must venture up your way for a spin sometime soon

Bah, you and your flatlands eagle, you wouldnt last 10 seconds climbing the road up to Kippure ;)

If we get a day like today again anytime soon, you should definitely pop up, what a day to be out on a bike!

Mah snaps from today, excuse the crappiness, I couldn't see the screen properly with the sun.

Photo-0023.jpg
    Photo-0024.jpg
    Photo-0025.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Some of you lot have nice bums. Toned etc. Makes me want to get on the old bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I beat the crap out of Kippure!!!! Slowly but I still beat it!

Glad to hear it! It's a nasty climb, but worth it at the top!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I beat the crap out of Kippure!!!!
    I think I saw you going through Castleknock village as I was driving to the Phoenix Park for the half marathon. A bike ride, even up to Kippure, would not leave me in as much pain as I am after the run.

Who owns the black/yellow helmet? I saw someone wearing one as I got into the Phoenix Park at around 9:30 (Castleknock Gate, right at start of cycle track).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

daymobrew wrote: »
    I think I saw you going through Castleknock village as I was driving to the Phoenix Park for the half marathon.

That was me, wearing the Boards kit.

daymobrew wrote: »
    Who owns the black/yellow helmet? I saw someone wearing one as I got into the Phoenix Park at around 9:30 (Castleknock Gate, right at start of cycle track).

that's me, that is. my helmet, like almost everything i own, is covered bits of tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I spent the whole day envying whoever got out on Saturday. The pics look great.

Got out myself for an early one yesterday with a mate. Left at 8am for a 70km trip via Howth, Portmarnock, Malahide and home through Finglas, Cabra and the Phoenix Park. Outstanding.

Are they with a phone or do you bring a camera with you on spins?

i think we were all just using phones.

this one is quite cool Dirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

niceonetom wrote: »
    i think we were all just using phones.

this one is quite cool Dirk.

Yeah, I thought maybe it was some new type of spoke system. Using Kippure as a hub, ingenious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mahler

Bumped into you chaps at the top of Wicklow Gap on Saturday. Thanks for allowing me tag along. Your Kippure photos are slightly prettier than some of the over-taking experienced later on the N81.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Mahler wrote: »
    Bumped into you chaps at the top of Wicklow Gap on Saturday. Thanks for allowing me tag along. Your Kippure photos are slightly prettier than some of the over-taking experienced later on the N81.

more than welcome, keep an eye out for the weekly Saturday spin post if you want to join in ...

• Advertisement

Mahler wrote: »
    As barrabus says, was good cycling with you, we'll probably be out again this weekend- I'm the guy with the sandals :D. N81 is a bit of a disaster all right, el tonto (you missed him, he went home after Kippure) is a fan, we generally try to avoid it but it is the quickest way home.

Advertisement