Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, 20 September

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

blorg wrote: »
    I'm the guy with the sandals :D

As if he didn't know!

I would love to know how many times the word "sandal(s)" has appeared on the cycling forum, I'm going to guess its in the billions at this stage.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

...el tonto (you missed him, he went home after Kippure) is a fan...

What's not to like about kicking ass on the Tallaght by-pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

N81 is a bit of a disaster we generally try to avoid it but it is the quickest way home.

For people trying to head home from Sally Gap via Blessington side and want to avoid N81 (for the most part). If you are head Northside or West Dublin you can try a very nice alternative.

Coming into Brittas, there is a pub on your left called the Blue Gardenia??
    Continue along N81 for 0.75KM, There is a road that veers left and then runs parallel to N81. It is the back road to Saggart.
    Very well surfaced and have never encountered traffic. Also a nice winding descent into Saggart village.

Once in Saggart Village cycle straight through and all the way down to the entrance to Citywest. Turn right here into citywest and keep cycling up to next junction (Kingswood). Turn left and then first right (at the roundabout). The road thru Kingswood will bring you to flyover the Naas Road.

Once you make it over the flyover you will be on the Grangecastle road to Lucan. New road, very good cycle lane (brand new). Bus lane if you dont fancy cycle lane (and I have yet to meet a bus here).
    All in all safer and way more enjoyable than N81. You can build up a head of a speed. Obviously not much use to southsiders.

Advertisement