Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch Gigs

Options
  • 19-09-2008 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what experience people have had with booking launch gigs in Dublin.

We're releasing an EP, but it's a bit of a low key thing. We have 100 copies professionaly pressed but we're doing up low budget promo copies and throwing as many of them at people for free as well as free downloads on the website.

A launch gig has been talked about a lot, what are the best venues to book yourself in Dublin? I haven't put together figures yet but I'd say we could get maybe 60-70 people to come to see us, then hopefully a bit more for any support acts we book. I'm guessing a weekday is our best bet.

Is it a good idea to book one, a nice way of announcing a release? Or a waste of time/money and just a way of bands making themselves feel important?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

pop into tower records off grafton street and ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

One of us was just on the phone to them, sounds like it might be a goer. Thinking about playing a proper gig that night too though.

Advertisement