Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DO NOT BUY PETROL TODAY.

Options
  • 19-09-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Sorry about the Caps but I wanted to attract attention

As of 12.30pm today wholesale fuel has dropped by 7 cents a litre on Unleaded and 3 cents a litre on Diesel.

You will start to see the changes at the pumps tomorrow or Monday (if you don't see them go to another station, as there is going to be some places sitting on the increases and profiteering)

For example I am dropping my prices by 7 cents this afternoon to 119.9 on Unl and to 126.9 on Diesel.

All the signs are that there will also be another large decrease next Wednesday at midnight, which will see another good sized decrease at the pumps for next weekend.

I hope I'm not being premature here but I am going to predict at least 115.9 petrol price as standard within 4 weeks.

Happy Motoring !

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I love you. i hope your right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'll believe it when I see it... hopefully I will. but I just filled up this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

jeez and that topaz/statoil motorcard is off the scale at 127.55 and 131.43

i only bought €20 worth yesterday as i was expecting a major price drop - thanks for the heads-up -youve confirmed my suspicions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I filled mine to the neck last night for 123.9 in tesco. Thanks for info op

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Damn I haven't filled in 3 weeks now (God I love diesels :)), down to near empty now tho and have to do 100+miles today so need to fill up! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Where is your garage OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

fletch wrote: »
    Damn I haven't filled in 3 weeks now (God I love diesels :)), down to near empty now tho and have to do 100+miles today so need to fill up! :mad:

no need to fill ...just throw in €20 worth to last a day or 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Altreab wrote: »
    no need to fill ...just throw in €20 worth to last a day or 2 :)
    Oh yeh...good plan...thanks :)

Although I do like to brim it every fill but may as well to save a few euros :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I guess the comments in the news yesterday about an investigation stirred the sudden drop in prices? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've just put 35 euros in (full tank from red light on my wee car) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

well considering thatthe dcrude price is at $ 99,19 a barrell up from 92.92 and down from a max of 145.95 and the fuel prices havent dropped significantly recently i cant see most places unless they have a tesco near them dropping their prices much looks like the oil companies have decided thats what we are prepared to pay. what were their most recent profits again?

nevertheless i hope the OP is right

Is home heating coming down as well i wonder - time to fill up for the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Woohoo. Applegreen in Rathcoole is currently 121.8 - hopefully they'll be knocking 6 or 7c off the price.
    The stations in Palmerstown are all currently 123.9 - so a few cents off them will be a big difference too.
    Is the govt duty a % of the wholesale price or a set price per litre?

Heroditas wrote: »
    Woohoo. Applegreen in Rathcoole is currently 121.8 - hopefully they'll be knocking 6 or 7c off the price.
    The stations in Palmerstown are all currently 123.9 - so a few cents off them will be a big difference too.
    Is the govt duty a % of the wholesale price or a set price per litre?

Fixed figure, but there is then VAT on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Stock up cos Oil is now above $102 from $92 at the start of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

So if garages dont bring the price up, and the barrel goes to 150 again, will they increase the price to 170c ?? seems weird as they wont be able to justify any increases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

DO NOT BUY PETROL TODAY.
    Bit dramatic for a potential 2-4% saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Prices already down at my local garage

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Passed my local garage and Diesel is down 4 cent a litre. Unleaded is still at the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

In Australia each garage has to register its price which they intend to sell petrol at for each week with the government (done via a web site). This is to prevent garages hiking prices when they know people will be travelling, ie bank holiday weekends etc...

I haven't observed the practice here, but it is wide spread in Canada too... oppps maybe i shouldn't be giving the garages here ideas :eek:

In Australia each garage has to register its price which they intend to sell petrol at for each week with the government (done via a web site). This is to prevent garages hiking prices when they know people will be travelling, ie bank holiday weekends etc...

I haven't observed the practice here, but it is wide spread in Canada too... oppps maybe i shouldn't be giving the garages here ideas :eek:

I see the reverse happening, Topaz Kill shaves off 2c on Friday to get people who are heading away for the weekend in to the shop to buy overpriced food/drink. Still ends up being .1 of a cent dearer than the Applegreen further in to the city but its far enough out that people who've had to grapple city traffic may think of stopping for a coffee, etc, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yes but OPEC have only recently announced a cut in production because the price of oil was dropping, therefore artificially increasing the price for the coming weeks, any cuts will be short-lived, make use of them.

/this prediction has been brought to you by r3nu4l enterprises. pleasenotethatr3nu4lenterprisesareonlyrepeatingwhattheyheardontheradio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yes but OPEC have only recently announced a cut in production because the price of oil was dropping, therefore artificially increasing the price for the coming weeks, any cuts will be short-lived, make use of them.

Meh, means not a lot really. 73% of oil is traded by speculators. They're all jumping back in because of the bank rescue packages for a quick buck. There was news about hurricanes and also production being affected in Nigeria and the price still fell during the week.
    It's speculators that are driving the price up. If OPEC cuts production, the US will simply tell Saudi Arabia to increase their output.

VH wrote: »
    jeez and that topaz/statoil motorcard is off the scale at 127.55 and 131.43

i only bought €20 worth yesterday as i was expecting a major price drop - thanks for the heads-up -youve confirmed my suspicions! :)

121.79 / 128.51 from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Down South I filled up on Diesel for 125.9 a litre this morning. Tescos are actually more expensive at the moment by a cent or two although they do a deal on 5c off when you spend more than 50 quid buying the shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Any one got any links to see oil prices? Have been using rte business page but its not updated regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Try http://www.pumps.ie just enter your county and area

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

damo9090 wrote: »
    Any one got any links to see oil prices? Have been using rte business page but its not updated regularly.

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I get free diesel :p

sadly the main vehicle is petrol but somebody else pays for that!

Tbh its great to see it coming down although i'm with the i'll believe it when i see it gang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

anybody noticed any decrease at all today/this morning?around the south dublin area?

Advertisement