Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DO NOT BUY PETROL TODAY.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Yep, tis 118.9 in Texaco on the Rathfarnham Road and apparently the Texaco on the Tallaght bypass is the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Typical rip-off garages! I know that the texaco on the tallaght bypass was 124.9 anyway so they've got a reduction of 7 cents+vat yet they only reduce their prices 6 cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They may not have got a reduction of 7 cents unless they're getting their fuel from the exact same source on the same terms as Hammertime is - and I don't think he's ever said anything about what franchise/supplier/whatever he has...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Texaco at the Foxhunter is now 123.9 - a drop of 1c since yesterday.
    Unfortunately I don't know what the Shell on the Palmerstown Bypass is trading at but it's usually very cheap. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 121.9 soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

every station who bought fuel at the new price is paying 6.74 cents cheaper wholesale

to be fair to the smaller garages, they will need to move the stocks of fuel that they bought at the old rpice before they can pass them on.

but any busy station should have doen it by now.

Keep you eye on the Essos around, biggest robbers in the fuel industry, they'll do nothing till tuesday or wed

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't know what the Shell on the Palmerstown Bypass is trading at but it's usually very cheap. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 121.9 soon enough.

based on their normal sales volumes the foxhunter site will make about €3500 extra today by not passing on the decrease. Thats a lot of money.

That forecourt is always jammed - even at 11pm. It's a treasure trove seeing that it's pretty much the last stop for petrol for a long distance journey if you're sticking to the motorways/dual carriageway.

I don't like the new layout though. Some of they stuff they're selling is dire! :P

That forecourt is always jammed - even at 11pm. It's a treasure trove seeing that it's pretty much the last stop for petrol for a long distance journey if you're sticking to the motorways/dual carriageway.

I don't like the new layout though. Some of they stuff they're selling is dire! :P

its the busiest forecourt in europe.

Thats not been a Shell for about a year!

Sorry, I still refer to it as a Shell. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Wasn't keeping an eye out in particular but I remember seeing 114.9 on one of the service stations going southbound on the Naas dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Wasn't keeping an eye out in particular but I remember seeing 114.9 on one of the service stations going southbound on the Naas dual carriageway.

Probably closed down before the upward spiral if it was that low!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

The applegreen in Urlingford is the cheapest I've on my weekly journey from Donegal to West cork via dublin. It was 121.8 for diesel and 119.8 for petrol on friday evening. They do that offer thing for an extra 5 cent off as well with a car wash.

ninty9er wrote: »
    Probably closed down before the upward spiral if it was that low!!

Topaz Kill was 121.9 before the price cut so it they hoiked 7 cent off, it'd be that.

The remaining extant closed station on the Naas Dualler southbound doesn't have its signs up any more (the Maxol at Blackchurch)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MYOB wrote: »
    They may not have got a reduction of 7 cents unless they're getting their fuel from the exact same source on the same terms as Hammertime is - and I don't think he's ever said anything about what franchise/supplier/whatever he has...

Think we can take Esso off the list:

Hammertime wrote: »
    Keep you eye on the Essos around, biggest robbers in the fuel industry, they'll do nothing till tuesday or wed

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

nothing like just getting back from the local garage spending €50 worth of petrol at €1.24 a litre and then seeing this thread :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No change in Topaz Waterford. Wasnt out past any of the other garrages so no idea if they changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

miju wrote: »
    nothing like just getting back from the local garage spending €50 worth of petrol at €1.24 a litre and then seeing this thread :(
    Do you get tearful when you lose a €2 coin as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Do you get tearful when you lose a €2 coin as well?
    CE - some of us dont like paying more than we have to - even if its 1c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I hope your right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Aidok

i paid 117.9 yesterday in texaco at the spawell , lets hope this continues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

+1. It was like that when it was a Statoil too. The Shell in the village though (beside the Garda station) seems to have become a bit more reasonable since the change though.

I myself normally get my diesel at about 7c off the normal price - eg: last week it was 1.3x everywhere, whereas I got it for 1.25 :D
    Not saying exactly where but it's a place on the Meath/Cavan border...

Oh and why on 98FM when they read out the fuel prices do they only give the petrol rate? Aren't enough people driving diesels now??

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Hammertime wrote: »

One of the Esso's in cork on the south link is always the cheapest in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

All stations I've passed in the N Louth region over the weekend have shown little or no fall in prices for petrol...all between 1.26 and 1.29 per lt. Stuck a tenner in yesterday to get me about. Fecking nordies have the prices artifically high round here and the station owners love it. If anyone's reading from Applegreen, will someone please open a station up here? The ones at Kilmoon cross or Julianstown are about as close as I get and are consistently ~4 cent cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    One of the Esso's in cork on the south link is always the cheapest in the city?

I thought Esso were gone ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Two stations near me have changed to topaz and seem to have gotten slightly more expensive than other brand stations near them, when they were always about the same price before changing to topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

techie wrote: »
    I thought Esso were gone ???

Nope, still one in rochestown and on the link...

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Nope, still one in rochestown and on the link...

Yeah Rochestown is there for donkeys but the link used to be Great Gas and now recently changed to Esso ????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    +1. It was like that when it was a Statoil too.
    its the new usher's quay!

tesco finglas still 123.9 today :mad:

Advertisement