Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DO NOT BUY PETROL TODAY.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Tom Hogans put their prices up this weekend:rolleyes:

Petrol in Galway seems on average 2c's higher then the stations in Dublin or Athlone.

Cheapest I can find is beside Grealish's shop up past the airport 124.9
    Anyone know a cheaper place in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Drove past 5 stations here in Kilkenny today. No change in price in any of 'em. :(
    Esso still the dearest by 3 cent on U/L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Fair play to the OP, the prices are coming down now all over the country.

http://www.pumps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Fair play to the OP, the prices are coming down now all over the country.

http://www.pumps.ie/

4 days after they got their discount

:rolleyes:

I can't understand it, after the industry moaning for so long as things have genuinely been very difficult and quiet with the high prices (that we retailers had no control over), when the opportunity comes along to kick start people into using their cars again the short sighted idiots still ride the customer.

I normally do a bit under 10k litres on a saturday, this saturday I did over 35k litres as the rest of the stations scrabbled after the extra 7 cents even though their volume was halved and I cleaned up on the ancilliary shop purchases by selling fuel for a fair price. It was the same on Sunday.

Its a no brainer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hammertime wrote: »
    Its a no brainer imo.

These are the same people we're then supposed to feel sorry for when they go out of business ..... simply because they're poor businessmen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

119.8 in apple green in celbridge - down only 4c

maxol celbridge still 124.9

VH wrote: »
    119.8 in apple green in celbridge - down only 4c

maxol celbridge still 124.9

Watch petrol rise in the next day or two as they "factor in the cost of crude oil increasing over the last 3 days" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Managed to make it to applegreen Julianstown as I was working in the area today...1.238 per lt...cheapest in Dundalk this evening was 1.255 (diesel was 1.239 in the same place; first time I've seen it lower than petrol for ages). The border effect is a drain on motorists in the north east...why the hell should we pay a premium just because half of the province wants to avoid paying Alistair Darling's tax rates? Load of bollocks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Heroditas wrote: »
    Watch petrol rise in the next day or two as they "factor in the cost of crude oil increasing over the last 3 days" :rolleyes:

Oil prices jumped $22 to $126 today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DonJose wrote: »
    Oil prices jumped $22 to $126 today!!!

?

http://www.oil-price.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Stekelly wrote: »

?

Oil spikes $25 a barrel on anxiety over US bailout

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080922/oil_prices.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

oil-price.net is using figures for November delivery, the mad spike was for October delivery. Closer delivery is always more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

drove by texaco on kylemore road, it was closed at the time (closes early enough every day) but i saw on the sign it was 115.9c per litre of unleaded, didnt see diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

not good news I'm afriad folks, just got the new projected schedule prices - this Wednesday midnight has increases of just over a cent on UNL and 1.25 c on Derv with warnings of wholesale prices being increased by 4c again on Friday

I'd imagine this might scupper any mini price revival until more info comes out

(in saying that its still going to be a lot cheaper wholesale than it was after last fridays 7c drop, so decreases should be happening)

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

largest single day increase in history for crude oil today - I'm guessing your predicted price drop won't be happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

im glad i just filled up if its going back up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I put 15 euro worth of petrol in my car on Saturday to tide me over at 125.9c.
    Yesterday(Monday) I filled up at the same station at 123.9c.
    A drop of 2 cent per litre.
    I thought wholesale prices were dropping by 7cent. If so, I didn't seee the benefit.

Petrol station in question is Topaz, Lucan Village.

Mailman wrote: »

Petrol station in question is Topaz, Lucan Village.

The old Shell on the Palmerstown bypass was 119.9 this morning - squeezed 65L into the car to keep me going for a while.

Regarding oil prices - those figures are alarming but bear in mind that they fell back almost instantly so the spike should really not affect consumers.

Currently on Bloomberg:
    Nymex Crude is at 107.5, down 1.87 for the day already
    Brent Crude is at 102.14, down 1.96 for the day already
    However, WTI Cushing Point is up to 120.92, up 16.37

Advertisement