Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished Recording Volume Garageband

Options
  • 19-09-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hey All

I am (learning) guitarist at heart so not to interested in using anything but my Garageband to record as I need to keep it as simple as possible. I have a small problem where the finished recording is quieter than the rest of my music collection. How can I raise the volume as its a pain constantly raising and lowering the volume?

I have tried publishing all the tracks and then creating a new project with the finished recording and raising the master volume. This seams to only clip the recording.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Most people use a compressor/limiter or 'maximiser' - this will probably get you loads of stick in this forum as it's a taboo to do anything like that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Most people use a compressor/limiter or 'maximiser' - this will probably get you loads of stick in this forum as it's a taboo to do anything like that ;)

taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick taboo stick and some more!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Neurojazz wrote: »

Yes, that's the plan ok. All the (commercial) tracks you're comparing to will , most likely, have had the same process applied to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Garageband has a built-in compressor. Find it (see attached screenshot), click the little pencil button to edit it, and mess away til you hear something you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Your songs have been mixed, but not mastered. It's an essential step in all commercial releases.

Can we put this in a sticky of sorts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Cheers lads, got the volume up now :)

Mastered?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Leadership wrote: »

Mastered?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

why not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

studiorat wrote: »
    why not!

Wouldn't know where start, I bought a mac to keep it simple:p

I am happy now the volume is sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Leadership wrote: »
    Wouldn't know where start, I bought a mac to keep it simple:p

I am happy now the volume is sorted.

Excellent. Good to hear it. Hope you enjoy G. Band.

Advertisement