Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Kevin Street Poker Society

Options
  • 19-09-2008 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hello All

I have ran the poker society (badly) for the last two years due to basically being left to run it on my own. So this year I am looking for some help with it. Particularly I'm looking for some freshers who might be interested in helping out.

If anyone is interested please post here/pm me. I have some good ideas for this year (at least I think their good ideas).

Also people who are interested in playing but maybe not in running the tourneys what do you want to see this year? Weekly/Fortnightly game? Maximum spend? Day?

Thanks
    Ian
    (P.s. Mods if this is in the wrong place please let me know/move it, thanks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Ian,

I will help you when it starts back up again.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Hey weekly games sounds good to me. I'm in Bolton St. but I'd be willing to come up to Kevin St. for a good game. When will you be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i would be interest in helping ye run the KST poker soc this year if ya want. Im over in AST studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Hey weekly games sounds good to me. I'm in Bolton St. but I'd be willing to come up to Kevin St. for a good game. When will you be playing?
    Current Plan is to run on a monday night starting at 5pm. First tourney will be 6th of October. A free roll, with one optional rebuy for €5.
    scheister wrote: »
    i would be interest in helping ye run the KST poker soc this year if ya want. Im over in AST studying.
    You Have PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Cash games, cash games and some more cash games!

Dont have to be big lose the house cash games..small blinds and small buy ins, Im just sick of tournies.:rolleyes:

Oh and in what will probably go down as one of the most unpopular suggestions this year would a few limit hold'em cash games be out of the question? Again small blinds 1/2 or smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

I would love to offer cash games unfortunately they are banned in DIT, sucks I know but thats the rules.

This year we are giving much better blind levels and much better starting stacks.

I hope this is of use to you.

Regards
    Ian
    Babybing wrote: »
    Cash games, cash games and some more cash games!

Dont have to be big lose the house cash games..small blinds and small buy ins, Im just sick of tournies.:rolleyes:

Oh and in what will probably go down as one of the most unpopular suggestions this year would a few limit hold'em cash games be out of the question? Again small blinds 1/2 or smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

was there a stall up at all during the week? couldnt find yis
    at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

As I know, there wasn't one. Ian said he was quite busy this week, and I can remember him say there will a poker tourney on Monday week.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

For those in bolton street, the bolton st. poker soc are totally gone. So the paintball soc are going to see about doing fortnightly games to fill up that gap. All the chips and cards are there, its just a matter of getting the ok from the Socs Office

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Is it too late to join?

• Advertisement
Advertisement