Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retake Module?

Options
  • 19-09-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Got 3 x 'Retake Modules' in my results and a 'Repeat examination'.

Can someone tell me what I need to do next?

I know last year people needed to talk to B o' Shea, do I need to do the same this year? ( I know O'Shea is no longer with DIT mind ).

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

talk to your coure co-ordinator, which for computing is Oliver O'Connor as far as i'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

OverGJFX wrote: »
    ( I know O'Shea is no longer with DIT mind ).

Really? I saw him only a few weeks ago wandering around town in the area of Kevin St....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 OverGJFX

Really? I saw him only a few weeks ago wandering around town in the area of Kevin St....

I could be wrong , I heard from word of mouth that he had finished up!

Awaiting response from O'Connor anyway , will let you know what the story is incase someone else is in the same boat.

No reply from him yet, guess I'll have to go in for 9:00am Monday morning and check in with the exams office and try and register O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I was in the school of computing office the other day and there was a sign on the door just as I entered

"Please note that Dr Brendan O'Shea has retired as head of computing ......"

So he is definitley gone. I dont think they have a replacement yet so I wonder who will listen to students wanting to carry subjects over this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Paul Doyle is the new head of school.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    I was in the school of computing office the other day and there was a sign on the door just as I entered

"Please note that Dr Brendan O'Shea has retired as head of computing ......"

So he is definitley gone. I dont think they have a replacement yet so I wonder who will listen to students wanting to carry subjects over this week.

That's the part that has me confused. On Modularisation , it seems to have told me to go ahead and redo the modules. And I have no intention of carrying the four of them as I wouldn't be able to keep up the workload next year.

So I'm somewhat clueless as to where to go and who to speak to tomorrow about it. I can always check in with this Paul Doyle guy?

orla wrote: »
    ^^ This

Paul Doyle - external examiner for DT228 - has become Head of the School.

Oliver O'Connor - lecturer - has become Course Co-ordinator for DT228.

fun times are ahead.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I've never heard of Paul Doyle :D

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 NiteOwl2

Got 3 x 'Retake Modules' in my results and a 'Repeat examination'.

Can someone tell me what I need to do next?

I know last year people needed to talk to B o' Shea, do I need to do the same this year? ( I know O'Shea is no longer with DIT mind ).

Any help appreciated.

If you are doing DT228 (Computer Science) talk to Oliver O'Connor
    If you are doing DT211 (Computing) talk to Patricia O'Byrne

in either case might be worth your while making an appointment with Bing Wu (Head of Department).

• Advertisement

:pac::D;):rolleyes::p:):o Very funny

Paul Doyle is replacing Susan McKeever for the next year only while she is on a career break, he is not the new HoS.

If you want to find out who the new Head of School is, you should ask SU rep. Martin Dunne...

yoyo wrote: »
    I've never heard of Paul Doyle :D

Nick
    you've had no need to have heard of him.

he's tied closely to the DT228-3 Work Placement module as well.
    NiteOwl2 wrote: »
    :pac::D;):rolleyes::p:):o Very funny

Paul Doyle is replacing Susan McKeever for the next year only while she is on a career break, he is not the new HoS.

If you want to find out who the new Head of School is, you should ask SU rep. Martin Dunne...

funny i was told he was and he was in the same room as me when i was told.

and shouldn't that be Mr. President Martin Dunne :pac:

Cremo wrote: »

funny i was told he was and he was in the same room as me when i was told.

and shouldn't that be Mr. President Martin Dunne :pac:

+1

I heard it from the horses mouth as well.

+1

I heard it from the horses mouth as well.

who said it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

NiteOwl2 wrote: »
    who said it ??

The horse.

Good thread hijacking skills guys ;)

Went in , got the internal repeat form. Filled it out , gave it do the school of computings secretary ( who said brendan had retired ). Was then told to wait for registration papers to be sent out to me.

So since I can't sit lactures / labs until I get this form , I've to sit and wait basically :(

Good thread hijacking skills guys ;)

Went in , got the internal repeat form. Filled it out , gave it do the school of computings secretary ( who said brendan had retired ). Was then told to wait for registration papers to be sent out to me.

So since I can't sit lactures / labs until I get this form , I've to sit and wait basically :(

Sit lecturers anyway. Nobody is going to stop you. If you do get to carry them over you'll have missed out on classes.

Advertisement