Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of CE?

• 19-09-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Bought my CE box off Gamestop for 15 euro, yer man on the phone said its 75 euro for the game and I don't get the 15 euro back for the box, this shouldn't be right, right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i was under the impression you would get the price of the preorder box deducted from the actual box, might need to produce a receipt etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Funky wrote: »
    i was under the impression you would get the price of the preorder box deducted from the actual box, might need to produce a receipt etc?

Not according to Gamestop in Liffey St. Got yer man to ring head office and everything, says he never heard anything about it and they had no deal with EA.

Anyway going in to buy it now, if it turns out I was ripped off someone will be getting a letter about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

whatduck wrote: »
    Anyway going in to buy it now, if it turns out I was ripped off someone will be getting a letter about it.

Gamestop in Henry Street did give me the €15 off. He mentioned that no-one could give him an answer on what to do, so he gave me the money off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I bought the collectors edition today, it cost 75 euro, pre order or no pre order it should be 75 (I have no idea why I bought CE, nice books though, will keep the coffee stains off my desk)

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply Spear, thankfully I read it before I went in. I rang their head office. Turns out you do get whatever you paid for the pre-order box off the final price they just didn't bother telling any of their shops about it.

Anyway yer wan I was dealing with said she sent an email to all the shops telling them what the story was.

If anyone is buying from Gamestop and they try and not give you the money off when you bought the pre-order box they are wrong.

About to open it now! :)

Advertisement