Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for ladies aged 23 and over

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Honey is the body hair fascist....I like grizzley. :D

:D

I've since managed to (almost) overcome my back hair fascism....but I did like the hairy man in question quite a lot so I think that had something to do with it.

Do admit to wincing when I first 'ran ' my hands thru his shoulder hair tho

*shudder*

Yep, don't think I'm quite over the oul back hair fascisim thinking about it again tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Hopefully, I won't be looking to find myself a new guy, if I'm lucky, but if I were they're maturity level and life stage would be what would be important to me. For me maturity level is not attached to age. In the past, I've gone out with someone who was 10yrs older than me and he was a muppet. :)

The attitude you're experiencing is something that I come up against myself outside the realms of relationships. I just put my head down and realise they just ain't worth my time. Sure it's annoying but if I was to let everything that annoyed me get to me that much I'd have very little hair left as I'd have pulled it all out :)

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

this is something i feel is quite relevant to me right now as i've just turned 24 and i'm sort of debating things with this 20 year old i met recently.

its not the age thats coming into it at all though, its emotional and social maturity. not that all my friends are incredibly mature but he's definitely lacking in something.

i'm also going to be crude and admit i've concerned about his err... sexual experience/abilities. i'm not looking for anything serious, and i've had enough time fumbling around as a kid to know i don't want it any more. i know thats making assumptions about him that i can't confirm, but his overal self confidence and the way he carries himself leads me to believe he's probably not all that sure what he's doing.

he's so damn cute though! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Seraphina wrote: »
    this is something i feel is quite relevant to me right now as i've just turned 24 and i'm sort of debating things with this 20 year old i met recently.

its not the age thats coming into it at all though, its emotional and social maturity. not that all my friends are incredibly mature but he's definitely lacking in something.

i'm also going to be crude and admit i've concerned about his err... sexual experience/abilities. i'm not looking for anything serious, and i've had enough time fumbling around as a kid to know i don't want it any more. i know thats making assumptions about him that i can't confirm, but his overal self confidence and the way he carries himself leads me to believe he's probably not all that sure what he's doing.

he's so damn cute though! :(

just give him some free lessons so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I have a large amount of female friends and I've noticed this trait of only showing interest in guys 5/6 years older than them and most of them actually told me they wouldn't consider a younger guy at all, even if they fancied them, something about believing they're "always" more mature.
    To be honest, I feel that that attitude may stem from this modern problem that girls seem to want to grow up before their time and that they're waaay more mature than any guy her own age. I'm not saying all girls (perhaps girls is the apt word here) are like this but I have come across attitude regularly.
    Think maybe it's a bit of an ego trip for some too...
    Sorry for the negative post (a lot of the girls I know thankfully don't have attitudes like this!), but I just find that if people are harping on about others being immature more often than not it's themselves that need some growing up to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

I seem to have a taste in men younger than me. Pretty much all guys I find attractive are ranging from 1 - 10 (:eek:) years younger.

I've dated a few men who were older than me, but in fairness I can count them on the fingers of my one hand.

Friends think I'm strange that way coz:
    "you will never find hapiness with a guy that doesn't want to settle etc etc"
    My sister just sighed when I told her I dated a guy that was 19 (I was 29). I really don't see anything wrong with it? I'm certainly no age fascist. If I decide to go long term with a guy older than me? Fine.
    If that guy happens to be much younger? So be it:)
    I would never NOT go out with a guy because he's a certain age. If I find him attractive? Fun? Easygoing? That's what matters for me!

Advertisement