Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOS (spoiler)

• 19-09-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Its been reported on 411 that SOS defeated Jack swagger to win the FCW chapionship belt!
    Fair play to him, hopefully this will be the stepping stone to the E that he needs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How is this a spoiler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Well I guess if you followed FCW it would be.

But yes this is good news, but bear in mind guys like Nova and Doug Basham had lengthly reigns with the OVW title, but it didn't do much for them. He's still going to have to work damn hard. But this is a good first step all the same. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Report of the match from f4wonline.com:
    Match #9: Sheamus O Shaunessey defeated FCW Florida Champion Jack Swagger to win the title. Best and most satisfying Match of the Night. This was the third time in three weeks that Sheamus and Jack faced off, with Sheamus winning Match #1 via disqualification and Swagger winning Match #2 by cheating, so this is the blow off. This is 1970s WWF Booking, only without the "Steel Cage Match in Madison Square Garden". They started out trading holds early on and kept it relatively even. Swagger got the heat on Sheamus and worked him over for a very long time. The final seven minutes or so of this match was quality. Sheamus made a wild comeback and hit a Fallaway Slam and a Polish Hammer for 2. We then saw a top rope superplex for 2.9 (Fire Pro Style). Swagger fought back and regained his composure and hit a belly to belly for 2. The crowd started to get into Sheamus here. Swagger hits his finisher, the Blue Thunder Driver, but only gets a 2 count. The ref gets clocked. Swagger goes to grab the title belt to hit Sheamus with like he did earlier in the night, but he misses and Sheamus does the Bicycle Kick to Swagger's face. Swagger was in trouble as Sheamus hit the ChokeBomb for the pinfall. NEW CHAMPION~! Crowd went absolutely ballistic for the title change. Hager's had this belt for about a year now and he finally dropped it to Sheamus. Huge moment in FCW.

Wasn't even the main event :p

I'd like to see what changes Sheamus has made. I haven't seen him wrestle in a long time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yer man who reviews FCW shows is always uber positive about everything. So take the quality of matches with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I woudn't expect great matches from Seamus considering what people have had to say about him here but he sounds very very over (I know it was a title match but still)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Does anyone really care?
    VR!

Does anyone really care?
    VR!

The guy who wrote the report seems to. He seems to really care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Meh, I'd download FCW if they had a tv show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wouldnt be suprised if SOS's theme song is this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SOS is ****in amazing.

If by amazing you mean ****ing useless ginger ballbag.

Yanno like.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I hope he uses that god awful irish rap entrance song he had in iww when he gets called up.

"Stand up and ya gonna get put down."

Oh right yeah. You big tough man Sheamus.

ahhh give him a break . He is everything that the WWE is .Sure he lacks skill but he is the stereotype that Vince wants . I can see him being an intercontinental champ some day .
    I wouldnt say his heart is 100% wrestling though but he is working hard to make a career for himself .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Give the guy a break ffs. He's more of a wrestler than anyone posting on boards will ever be.

Fair play to him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Give the guy a break ffs. Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Give the guy a break ffs. Fair play to him.

I agree!

Of course, I've never actually seen him wrestle. But the folks at FCW must either seen potential, or talent enough that they'll entrust him with their title.

Give the guy a break ffs. He's more of a wrestler than anyone posting on boards will ever be.

Fair play to him.

I could take him :)

The SOS bashing on this forum is a little OTT, it has to be said. He told IWW where to stick it so he's alright in my books!

The SOS bashing on this forum is a little OTT, it has to be said. He told IWW where to stick it so he's alright in my books!

The IWW bashing on this forum is a little OTT too. Leave SOS and IWW alone !!

I blame his agent for pretending to be a fan when in fact he was pushing a very obvious agenda. A bit of honestly on his behalf would not have created such a backlash.

well thats what agents do . Its all about selling your package . To be honest SOS did lots of promotion himself for IWW. ALot of the crowd at the IWW shows were people he got to go , by texting everybody calling people ect... So fair play to him for that .

• Advertisement

Not the point I was making. If he came on as SOS Info or something like that it would look an awful lot better than seeming like an SOS fanboy who only posts on that particular subject.

of course it is an agents job to push his client as well as he can, and in that regard one or both of them are doing a fantastic job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

gimmick wrote: »
    Not the point I was making. If he came on as SOS Info or something like that it would look an awful lot better than seeming like an SOS fanboy who only posts on that particular subject.

of course it is an agents job to push his client as well as he can, and in that regard one or both of them are doing a fantastic job.

Ha, never knew that. Sounds like a committed and determined agent.

So, is the fan resentment to SOS on this forum just down to what his agent did?

Yeah, whatever happened irishhack? He aint been around, especially with such inciteful posts as "any haters here?"

He really brought half the backlash on himself.
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I dont hate SOS, he is just hella bland the last time I saw him. His title matches on TWC turned me off watching the IWW Whiplash TV full stop.

Was Irish Hack his agent though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fair play to him.

Very well said.

Here we have a guy who is rising through the ranks. And hopefully he does get called to the main roster at some point and makes a good go at it.

People would be still complaining even if that did happen i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Very well said.

Here we have a guy who is rising through the ranks. And hopefully he does get called to the main roster at some point and makes a good go at it.

People would be still complaing even if that did happen i'd say.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Showing my ignorance here, but what exactly happened? I've always been interested in how SOS is doing (What with him being an Irish man trying to make it in a predominantly American industry; fair play to him indeed), but I didn't realise there was bad feelins between him and IWW?

• Advertisement

I don't think it was all that bad a split, but I think IWW issued a statement that he was leaving before he did himself. In his own statement he thanked IWW for all they had done for him etc, but IWW were somewhat less than flattering towards him in theirs.

Id say the fact they knew he was going to do an appearance or two for NLW clouded their thoughts at the time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't think it was all that bad a split, but I think IWW issued a statement that he was leaving before he did himself. In his own statement he thanked IWW for all they had done for him etc, but IWW were somewhat less than flattering towards him in theirs.

Id say the fact they knew he was going to do an appearance or two for NLW clouded their thoughts at the time though.

IWW posted a statement on this board putting a lot of the blame on Sheamus's publicist, saying that he was lying to newspapers about Sheamus being IWW champion and that they found him difficult to deal with. I think there was stuff about Sheamus holding up TV tapings by refusing to show up unless he got a title match too

But that's just one side of the story

Apparently he was neglecting his duties as head trainer for the IWW gym also, leaving Bingo Ballance, Sean South and Ballymun Bruiser having to step up to the plate. This was the first major blow to the IWW gym in my opinion; with alldue respect to Bingo et al. with only a few years experience under their belts, they were/are in no postion to be training new wrestlers. This is a common problem shared not only in this country but in the UK too.

SeanSouth was long gone from IWW at that stage surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Sher SOS will be thrown in Wexford abroad in a Field pickin shtones and shnaggin turnips by next year.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

and proper order

• Advertisement

SeanSouth was long gone from IWW at that stage surely?

Unless I've got my facts completely wrong (and I'm pretty sureI don't), South was still there.

Unless I've got my facts completely wrong (and I'm pretty sureI don't), South was still there.

I think Flan is right here, although Southy wasn't far behind, he only remained in IWW for a few months afterwards.

VR!

Seansouth was in NWA by August 2006 at the latest. Is SOS gone from IWW that long?

Seansouth was in NWA by August 2006 at the latest. Is SOS gone from IWW that long?

I'm not so sure Southy was in NWA before the summer ended, he was definitely there in 2006 alright, but i think it was later than August, last time i remember seeing SOS on an IWW card was in Waterford in July 06 i think it was at the Forum, but he was gone shortly after that.

VR!

I go to the gym which Ross Browne used worked in, and he left September/October 06. Seansouth was definitely with them a few months at that stage, unless I am completely mixing him up with someone else.

• Advertisement

SOS was neglecting his duties as head trainer at the gym months before he left as an in ring performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

he was one of the few iww stars to get any sort of reaction from the crowd, he was a hogan type of guy to the kids. Fair play to him i say

Lol at Southy being "Hogan-esque".

Fairly certain he was referring to SOS??? If not, lol agreed

On reflection, he may have been refering to SOS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Apparently he was neglecting his duties as head trainer for the IWW gym also, leaving Bingo Ballance, Sean South and Ballymun Bruiser having to step up to the plate.

Sean South aka Dean Merton was NEVER a trainer for IWW at any stage in his career in spite of what he may claim otherwise; he was withdrawn from IWW rosters in early 2006.

The stories with SOS and his IWW "split" have been well documented at this stage so it is best to leave the issue unless either party have anything to add to the issue.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Sean South aka Dean Merton was NEVER a trainer for IWW at any stage in his career in spite of what he may claim otherwise; he was withdrawn from IWW rosters in early 2006.

The stories with SOS and his IWW "split" have been well documented at this stage so it is best to leave the issue unless either party have anything to add to the issue.

From what I understand coming from my sources, South etc. reluctantly had to step up to the plate, against Simon's wishes. So if he was assisting in doing training, it was in an unofficial capacity.

And your authoritive tone is laughable. Unless the mods tell us otherwise, we'll discuss what we want. Its a forum; get over it.

From what I understand coming from my sources, South etc. reluctantly had to step up to the plate, against Simon's wishes. So if he was assisting in doing training, it was in an unofficial capacity.

And your authoritive tone is laughable. Unless the mods tell us otherwise, we'll discuss what we want. Its a forum; get over it.

lol at Ham gettin biatch slapped :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Even though he is no Fergal Devitt it would be cool to see a Dubliner in WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hamndegger wrote: »

WRONG.

Sean South / Bam Katraz were the trainers during late 2005 / early 2006. Whether unofficial or not, they took classes while other trainers were otherwise occupied. Indeed, both men turned out a number of good trainees from the school, and (aside from Darren Burridge) are regarded as the most successful trainers of the school during its time open, with their classes attendence dwarfing other trainers attendences.

Get your facts fight, Ham.

• Advertisement
Advertisement