Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOS (spoiler)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

And your authoritive tone is laughable.

Uh, Flan, how can one have a tone posting on a message board? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sorry lads for bumping this thread but I was just wondering is there any update on when SOS will debut on Smackdown..He is FCW champ now isnt he??...I spose it will still be a while though, probably be showing vignettes of him for ages before he debuts..Should it be 2009 he is on a TV Smackdown match..I know he has done dark matches and house shows in the past alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow joe

Hey jimmy just looking at your earlier thread isnt Fergal Devitt from Bray which last time i looked was in wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

SOS has good matches with good opponents. He may not be able to carry lesser opponents but he is talented enough, and in the WWE he'll have plenty of guys who can have good matches with him and I bet he will come along leaps and bounds. I wish him all the best with that, as he never came across as mean spirited or anything to me. If you weren't on his bad side, he was quite friendly in fact.

And I also have to laugh at that post from Ham'nd'egger aka Dave Walsh (Was giving South's real name an attempt to de-legitimise him as a wrestler?), and by withdrawn from IwW rosters, do you mean, jumped to NWA of his own free will?

But back on topic, congratulations to SOS on his continued success. Wonder if he is still using that anti-UV suit for the outdoor shows, that was hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Hey jimmy just looking at your earlier thread isnt Fergal Devitt from Bray which last time i looked was in wicklow.
    Part of Bray is in Dublin. Not all of us Bray-born are culchies. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Part of Bray is in Dublin. Not all of us Bray-born are culchies. ;)

Yeah. Just knackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Yeah. Just knackers.

Easy now :p

Yeah. Just knackers.
    While I don't for one moment wish to defend the hole that is Bray, I don't honestly think the term knacker could be applied to someone who lives in Ballsbridge and went to Trinity College. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

With the talk of SOS being put together with Finlay do yous think that the WWE could be naieve enough to do a Catholic/Protestant feud ?

• Advertisement

While I don't for one moment wish to defend the hole that is Bray, I don't honestly think the term knacker could be applied to someone who lives in Ballsbridge and went to Trinity College. :cool:

You can't escape your roots.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

With the talk of SOS being put together with Finlay do yous think that the WWE could be naieve enough to do a Catholic/Protestant feud ?

Whoever pitches this to Vince will be a hero in his eyes! I honestly think he'd do it...

amull87 wrote: »
    Whoever pitches this to Vince will be a hero in his eyes! I honestly think he'd do it...

So do I.

If I could get through to Vince I'd tell it's a terrible idea and will come off as moronic as this episode of Captain PLanet

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

I lived in Belfast and went to Queens dosent mean i'm from Belfast, The Wicklow people did a big profile on him a couple of months ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So do I.

I disagree on a number of levels.

rovert wrote: »
    I disagree on a number of levels.

You don't think such an angle would be used ? I'd assume that Finlay and SoS would be smart enough to say no but it's not like Vince hasn't flirted with racism/terrorism or moronicly ignorant storylines before.

• Advertisement

You don't think such an angle would be used ? I'd assume that Finlay and SoS would be smart enough to say no but it's not like Vince hasn't flirted with racism/terrorism or moronicly ignorant storylines before.

WWE is a lot different now then. :rolleyes:

WWE is a lot different now then. :rolleyes:

Since when ? When was Daivari and Le Resistance ?
    C'mon, look at Hornswoggle! Short little pesky bloke dressed in green who pals around an Irish man. What do you think they were going for there ?

And don't you roll your eyes at me or I'll smack ye with me spuds!

A few reasons why i'd say vince would do it is because:

Obviously the whole irish thing, it could be a way of bringing in history to the americans of irishness.

Why it wont happen.

Unlike america and terrorism i would say finlay would point blank say now for the fact that he still considers belfast home, and his family is there. They would have to live in that, and what if he comes on screen and says "Im a prod", and he really catholic, i know a few stories of people stilll being 'taken to one side' for reasons like that.

But in saying that, SOS will obviously be looking for anything to get his name on raw, smackdown or ecw.

But i highly doubt the wwe creative staff would be all that interested in writing a story of irish culture and just end up confusing the very inaddequite american mind.

Since when ?

The last two years and this one in particular
    When was Daivari and Le Resistance ?

2005/6 and they were nearly kicked off CW after Daivari and Hassan.
    C'mon, look at Hornswoggle! Short little pesky bloke dressed in green who pals around an Irish man. What do you think they were going for there ?

Obviously the whole irish thing, it could be a way of bringing in history to the americans of irishness.

WWE=EDUCATIONAL :rolleyes:
    Unlike america and terrorism i would say finlay would point blank say now for the fact that he still considers belfast home, and his family is there. They would have to live in that, and what if he comes on screen and says "Im a prod", and he really catholic, i know a few stories of people stilll being 'taken to one side' for reasons like that.

Finlay is a Protestant.

Anyway you missed the two most important reasons WWE are positioning themselves more to chidlren and they are operating on a corporate directive to be more advertiser and sponser friendly.

Why it wont happen.

But in saying that, SOS will obviously be looking for anything to get his name on raw, smackdown or ecw.

But i highly doubt the wwe creative staff would be all that interested in writing a story of irish culture and just end up confusing the very inaddequite american mind.

Just saying I wouldn't be surprised that's all. Much like "The Highlanders" the WWE are still adept at providing naff character gimmicks that are borderline racist and quite offensive.

The American view of Irish just a guess mate.

Where do you think the Americans have gotten their "American view of Irish" from ? Wouldn't be television and films ?

• Advertisement

WWE=EDUCATIONAL :rolleyes:

Ha, good joke. :pac:
    Finlay is a Protestant.

Anyway you missed the two most important reasons WWE are positioning themselves more to chidlren and they are operating on a corporate directive to be more advertiser and sponser friendly.

Sorry rov, wasnt being particular, just using an example of if he said one and then another etc etc.

And your right with the second point.

I cant see too sky sports advertising:

"21st November, the biggest feud in irish history re started!
    1916 had nothing on these guys!"
    Just saying I wouldn't be surprised that's all. Much like "The Highlanders" the WWE are still adept at providing naff character gimmicks that are borderline racist and quite offensive.

Where do you think the Americans have gotten their "American view of Irish" from ? Wouldn't be television and films ?

So your saying that they are going to be (if) la resistance mark 2?

"Were irish, and we built this country!"

I'm just saying that it's conceivable that they may do a naff angle like that one. WWE have a history of using racial sterotypes in their storylines. Highlanders being the most recent I believe.

There is a difference between the film Hunger and a box of Lucky Charms.

There is a difference between the film Hunger and a box of Lucky Charms.

Trev, you've compeltely lost me on that one. Hunger's a small film that probably won't get much mass media exposure.

Let's hope this didn't give them any ideas :

wwe.bmp

Trev, you've compeltely lost me on that one. Hunger's a small film that probably won't get much mass media exposure.

Alright sub a more popular film in there the point is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Sorry but i'll have to beg to differ here, in the last ten years, colleges have taken in all sorts! All about money and CAO points. And i've seen plenty of students play the trinity card, but all the CAO points in the world won't buy you cop-on. That won't happen much now that the budget has upped the college fees and sh*t, so maybe Trinity may have it's name of the past restored. And Ballsbridge isn't exactly all law de daw? Didn't someone get their head kicked in there a few years ago outside a night club in a scuffle with a bunch rugger buggers? Sounds like fairly knackerish behaviour.

If you're gonna go down that road pal, start removing the blinkers.
    Back to lurk mode.

b.ie curious bigged up himself on a Pro Wrestling forum as well so LOL.

b.ie curious bigged up himself on a Pro Wrestling forum as well so LOL.

OMG rovert you're roysh its like SO lol

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Sorry but i'll have to beg to differ here, in the last ten years, colleges have taken in all sorts! All about money and CAO points. And i've seen plenty of students play the trinity card, but all the CAO points in the world won't buy you cop-on. That won't happen much now that the budget has upped the college fees and sh*t, so maybe Trinity may have it's name of the past restored. And Ballsbridge isn't exactly all law de daw? Didn't someone get their head kicked in there a few years ago outside a night club in a scuffle with a bunch rugger buggers? Sounds like fairly knackerish behaviour.

If you're gonna go down that road pal, start removing the blinkers.
    Back to lurk mode.

Annabels it was called I think.

• Advertisement

Erm so anyway SOS....

wwe.bmp

"Hey Vince, Vince. Check this out!
    Know that pasty ginger irish guy we have in development? I have an idea.........."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What does that former referee that is in the bottom right of that picture do now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

callaway92 wrote: »
    What does that former referee that is in the bottom right of that picture do now?

Tim White, he's a road agent now I think.

I had a long reply written, but I realised that I don't actually care what ye guys thought about off-hand comments that I made in jest and in the spirit of friendly banter. Plus, it would be stupidly off topic.

You have an amazing pair of eyes man! I would never of noticed him! :)
    I had a long reply written, but I realised that I don't actually care what ye guys thought about off-hand comments that I made in jest and in the spirit of friendly banter. Plus, it would be stupidly off topic.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

He tries to kill himself on Raw and WWE.com every week:D

Ah no, in all seriousness, he's a road agent. He started working as road agent when the injuries he suffered in a Hell in a Cell match (think it was the HHH vs. Jericho one) meant he could no longer referee.

On the SOS topic - that would be an absolute disaster if they went the Catholic vs. Protestant route! I'd say it's more likely they'd go the route of SOS claiming that Finlay was making a joke out of his country, which is something SOS has said in promos on the FCW tv show!

On the SOS topic - that would be an absolute disaster if they went the Catholic vs. Protestant route! I'd say it's more likely they'd go the route of SOS claiming that Finlay was making a joke out of his country, which is something SOS has said in promos on the FCW tv show!

Oh right, interesting. Are there any promos uploaded anywhere ?

There's probably a chance they'd bring him in as some sort of auld celtic warrior or some ****. Somethng like Berzerker or Warlord from 1989-1991. We're going back to the kiddy's characters anyway so it'd fit.

Wonder will he have the sword again. :cool:

• Advertisement

Wonder will he have the sword again. :cool:

I'd say there's a good chance. Tehy're moving back towards the kiddy market, swords are always cool with kids and their cartoon characters of the early 90's brought silly props to the ring.

I'd say there's a good chance. Tehy're moving back towards the kiddy market, swords are always cool with kids and their cartoon characters of the early 90's brought silly props to the ring.

Hmmm Sword and Kids . They could get them selves into trouble with that.

If Harry Potter and LotR can do it then why not ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Oh right, interesting. Are there any promos uploaded anywhere?

They were on youtube a few weeks ago - if you search under "FCW TV" or "FCW episode 1" etc, you should find it. The one where he bad mouths Finlay is a post-match promo.
    Wonder will he have the sword again.

In FCW, he's been carrying an axe to the ring.

Could be a great marketing ploy for collectors and kids.

Rey and kane has their masks, Cena has, well his whole attire. jeff with the arm thingys,
    and michaels with the hat.
    In FCW, he's been carrying an axe to the ring.
    That makes sense as he has the whole "Kiss my axe!". has he used that yet in FCW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Could be a great marketing ploy for collectors and kids.

Rey and kane has their masks, Cena has, well his whole attire. jeff with the arm thingys,
    and michaels with the hat.
    That makes sense as he has the whole "Kiss my axe!". has he used that yet in FCW?

Jesus, if he carries an axe to the ring a few people might expect him to use it in a match. That could get bloody. Dunno if it would fit with the PG WWE, it's a fairly violent weapon.

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    Jesus, if he carries an axe to the ring a few people might expect him to use it in a match. That could get bloody. Dunno if it would fit with the PG WWE, it's a fairly violent weapon.

lol.

Im sure wwe wouldnt be that stupid.

I meant in the last post has he used the axe line "kiss my axe" yet? :pac:

rizzla wrote: »

You takin teh piss yeah ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You takin teh piss yeah ?

Completely uncalled for and pointlessly aggressive. Have a weeks holiday to calm down.

If Harry Potter and LotR can do it then why not ?

Because i dont think they want another 12 year old cuts off armm of 5 year old sister emulating wrestler.

WWE is under the spotlight for anything that goes wrong .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

For those who follow SOS's progress.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/wwe-news/real-problem-in-wwe-turns-into-an-angle-top-star-coming-to-ecw-more-news/

It seems during an in-ring interview with Tiffany to talk about ECW he dissed Finlay, Hornswoggle and Ricky Ortiz. Ortiz took offence and came out. They got into a brawl which SOS got the better of. The show is for the 12th of Feb. You might be able to find it on Youtube if someone posts it up.

Another of ECW's new superstar initiative products asks the website in the link?

• Advertisement
Advertisement