Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Tax Question

Options
  • 19-09-2008 2:59pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Another tax thread sorry guys :o

Once I have the Vehicle Registration Certificate and the car is in now in my name. Can I just pop into my local tax office and get it taxed or do I have to get the garage to stamp some other form?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Pretty sure you can just go in and get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

dnt want to start thread. anyone know how much a 2.2 honda accord diesel is to tax for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

audismelly wrote: »
    dnt want to start thread. anyone know how much a 2.2 honda accord diesel is to tax for the year?

Year of car would help!

You should try this new tool called 'Google' i find it pretty handy. :pac::rolleyes:

Google 'Motor Tax Calculator' First link below

http://www.vrt.ie/roadTax.html

Year of car would help!

You should try this new tool called 'Google' i find it pretty handy. :pac::rolleyes:

Google 'Motor Tax Calculator' First link below

http://www.vrt.ie/roadTax.html

CHEERS SMART ASS:D
    THOUGHT WE MITE HAVE AN OWNER OR WOULD THAT BE FAR FETCHED .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Anythings possible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭daddymick66

log on to motortax.ie , should answer all u questions

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The answer to that question (and many, many others) can be found in the charter. No need to start a new thread or even search other threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CHEERS SMART ASS:D
    That wouldn't help unless we knew the year of registration and whether it was imported used or not.

Anyway - under the 'old' system it would be €791 I think.

That wouldn't help unless we knew the year of registration and whether it was imported used or not.

Anyway - under the 'old' system it would be €791 I think.

sorry forgot year ,yeah irish car 2006 under old. its for a friend , 791 jesus. thanks very much.

kept gettin sites for vrt and 2008 cars , this tinternet doesnt suit us biffos cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pre 2008 reg Accord 2.2 diesel costs €791 to tax for the year whether it is an import or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kerry08

hi yes i just got a car and once the car was put into my name ie the paper work i was able to go into the tax office and tax the car you cant do it on line the first time
    good luck

bazz26 wrote: »
    Pre 2008 reg Accord 2.2 diesel costs €791 to tax for the year whether it is an import or not.

thanks bazz26. thats so expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

Another tax thread sorry guys :o

Once I have the Vehicle Registration Certificate and the car is in now in my name. Can I just pop into my local tax office and get it taxed or do I have to get the garage to stamp some other form?

no you can go straight to txt office and tax your car!!

Advertisement