Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Kitchen

Options
  • 19-09-2008 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,

I am planning to head up to IKEA on saturday to pick up a kitchen I designed using their home planner tool.

Can someone give me advice on do's and dont's? e.g. I am going to ring them beforehand to make sure it is in stock, but do I have to quote all the part numbers or just tell them the model of the kitchen etc..?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fionaincork

hi
    i've been looking at the home planner tool too. Be sure to have the new version cos the new catalog is out since mid August. That has the up-do-date prices.
    Even better, one of the icons will give you an itemised list of all the parts you have specified (the icon between 3d and www) . I think they wil need every door knob and kickboard alright though.

best of luck with it - I'd love to hear how you get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

Seemingly you can save your design onto their server. When you arrive in Belfast (apologies if that was last weekend...but for future reference :o) you give a sales assistant the number and they pull up your drawing and make sure you have all the right bits and enough of them, etc. Then they print out and you pick all the bits you need. Sounds fabulously simple. Am looking forward to wardrobe shopping in the coming months up there so any feedback from your recent excursion is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dreadnought

Agree with Calluna... simple as saving the drawing to their server (do not bring it on a memory key or any form of external media - it needs to be on their server) they may be able to save you some money on the worktop you have ordered as the planner tool seems to add unnecessary amounts of counter to the drawing.
    They can then take the kitchen drawing and give you a picking list which details the location of all of the various components as well as the quantities - some will be in the showroom, most will be in the warehouse area. There will probably also be "full service" items - these are items that they will collect for you as they are fragile. you will probably need to give them up to an hour to gather those items after you have gathered and paid for all of the other items.
    You may need to plan for more than one trip - I have had to make 2 visits so far and still do not have all of the components to finish the kitchen due to some items being out of stock...

Advertisement