Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Mexico City to Cancún

• 19-09-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are doing a RTW trip in March 2009, starting in Mexico. We had planned to fly into Mexico City, see the historical quarter and Teotichaun and then rent a car and spend two days driving from Mexico City to Cancún and spending the rest of the time there.

We only wanted to spend a small amount of time in Mexico City, because from what I've heard it's pretty dangerous. Our advisor in Trailfinders said it should be fine to do the drive, but I'm just after finding this article in WikiTravel http://wikitravel.org/en/Cancun and it's making me wonder would there be dangers like this on our drive??

Anyone who's been to Mexico or done something similar might help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

I was in Mexico over the Summer but didn't bother going to Mexico city. IIRC its a long long way from Mexico df to Cancun, maybe 40+ hours on the bus anyway. If I were you i'd just get the bus, stop of in a few places along the way to break the journey. The buses are really nice and comfy usually. I can't really remember where we went that might be on the way from Mexico to Cancun right now but if you have any more questions ask away. I wouldn't recommend Cancun for more than a night or 2 if your on a budget or have some taste, head over to Isla Mujeres (40 mins on a boat form Cancun), It's a great spot which i think was recommended to me by Neamhuntasach sp? here. I wrote a bit of a blog while I was away, may not be very PC but heres the link. http://mexicoandca.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Ha! That's a funny blog you got there! I love the story about the smallest drug smuggling operation in mexico!!! Maybe I should grow a moustache before I go??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Cheers yeah it was a laugh alright. I think a moustache is a neccesity yes.

Advertisement