Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa waiting times?

Options
  • 19-09-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone on here is still waiting for their visa to be granted?

I applied for a skilled visa (subclass 176) in February and still no word.. I'm getting anxious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

My de facto spouse visa was processed and approved in about 3 weeks. Have you had any contact from the embassy at all? Any acknowledgement that they've received the application? I got an email confirming they got it and telling me who my application manager would be. (this was through the London embassy)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

That is a long time.
    Over here (nz), normal visa/permit applications are approved within 2 weeks and spouse/migrant visas are done with 6 weeks from what I've.

Have called them at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

hot fuss wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone on here is still waiting for their visa to be granted?

I applied for a skilled visa (subclass 176) in February and still no word.. I'm getting anxious!

Have a look on britishexpats.com they constantly discuss waiting times. From what I hear there is a bit of a wait building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Checked it out since. Processing times seem to be all over the place. Some people applied in April have their visas already while some people who applied last December still haven't gotten theirs! No rhyme nor reason detectable anyway.. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting..

Advertisement