Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 32" LCD TV in Xtravision

Options
  • 19-09-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All,

First time poster to boards.

I am thinking of purchasing the 32LG3000 32" LCD TV for 499 euros in Xtravision. I was originally going to purchase a samsung but at this price the LG seems like great value.

I am moving into a new apartment and will be getting Chorus TV and Broadband and I am looking for good 32" LCD TV.

Is the LG a good TV?

Anyone had problems with them?

Anyone recommend the LG323000

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd say pay extra and go for the Samsung, you'll be glad of it in the long run.
    Having said that, my opinion of LG TVs is based on the neverending stream of problems I've had with the one I purchased less than a year ago... (It's currently off getting repaired, and has been for almost a month now)

The 32LG3000 seems to be getting decent reviews, but the Samsung will still most likely be working in a couple of year's time.

Your sig is bloody huge btw, you might want to resize the image before you get busted by the sigpo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

is this a bargain alert, there is a Home Entertainment sub forum for TVs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

tman wrote: »
    I'd say pay extra and go for the Samsung, you'll be glad of it in the long run.
    Having said that, my opinion of LG TVs is based on the neverending stream of problems I've had with the one I purchased less than a year ago... (It's currently off getting repaired, and has been for almost a month now)

The 32LG3000 seems to be getting decent reviews, but the Samsung will still most likely be working in a couple of year's time.

Your sig is bloody huge btw, you might want to resize the image before you get busted by the sigpo!
    Thanks tman. Sorry to hear about your LG. What went wrong with it? I thought they were a pretty good name to be honest.

p.s. can't do anything about the sig until i have 25 posts. forgot i had it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

slave1 wrote: »
    is this a bargain alert

No

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to 'HE General'.

Lads.. if you don't think it's a Bargain Alert, please report it and let us know (as opposed to posting it on thread).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Almost every manufacturer turns out a lemon occasionally, but i too would go for Samsung over LG.

xanthor wrote: »
    Almost every manufacturer turns out a lemon occasionally, but i too would go for Samsung over LG.

Ya, I was thinking that. I had originally thought of getting a samsung. I think i will go with my first instinct and go for one.

basquille wrote: »
    Moved to 'HE General'.

Lads.. if you don't think it's a Bargain Alert, please report it and let us know (as opposed to posting it on thread).
    Hi basquille, feel free to close this thread.

The Analyst

Advertisement