Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Stoke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

FFS Keane, whats he at? He cant even make a simple pass at this stage. That was horrendous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ustream is breaking up for me,anyone else?

Keane needs a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He is having an absolute mare again. Just awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Great block on Torres.

Babel time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Really is a lol game. Stoke are sitting deeper than I think any prem team as ever done at Anfield. First to score wins!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Really is a lol game. Stoke are sitting deeper than I think any prem team as ever done at Anfield. First to score wins!!

'pool are getting panicky...

Rafa puts Keane out of his misery. Yossi on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

YOSSI SMELLS!!!!

Lol at the "What a waste of money" chants from Stoke fans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

0-0 would suit me..... so I presume Kuyt will score :p

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol at the "What a waste of money" chants from Stoke fans

**** I thought that was the Liverpool fans. I was joining in.:pac:

WHAT THE **** dossena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Gwan the Stoke :cool:

Id still be shocked if Liverpool don't get a goal

Unearthly wrote: »
    Gwan the Stoke :cool:

Id still be shocked if Liverpool don't get a goal

Odds are against it happening now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Some guy on betfair layed the 0-0 at 1000-1 (Obviously by mistake) and someone managed to back it for 13 quid !!!

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Kuyt :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Think that about sums up todays shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I agree, wonder what the stats are like...

Skrtel the feckin donkey gettin a yellow card. A nice minus point for my fantasy team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Davei141 wrote: »
    I agree, wonder what the stats are like...
    sky sports has it shots on 6/ off 14 / corners 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

I don't believe this, sickining, had a bad feeling since the first half.
    Gerrard must be the worst corner taker in the prem

just proves that Liverpool play harder against the bigger teams :)

Shoot you clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Great ball in from Gerrard there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

roryc wrote: »

You think that's a good thing?:confused:

Of course they do, thats the norm for any team, just not happening for us today, not a perticularly bad performance

Undoes most of last week's good work though tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jesus lads i didnt exepect everyone to be so smug with a potential stumble from Liverpool. Well... actually yes i did, but still, i dont know if we can right Liverpool out of the title race just yet. :/

Just go to show you that this year the Promoted teams mean business. Ive been so impressed by all of their starts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Thats why Liverpool don't win leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

There you go. Proof Liverpool won't win the league this year. Rediculous drawing at home to Stoke.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Undoes most of last week's good work though tbh

Thats what really sickens me, happens way too often to us, the performance was actually good and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Welcome to last season :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We aqlready know that.

11 shots on target according to the beeb. 14 off and 20 corners.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

CHD wrote: »
    Lol 5 games in lol gas man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

CHD wrote: »
    *yawn*

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Just go to show you that this year the Promoted teams mean business. Ive been so impressed by all of their starts.

Did you watch the match? stoke were a joke today and i would put a nice bet on them getting relegated. As for Liverpool, one word to sum it up, typical.

Meh, one of those days. Torres had the best chance. We upped the tempo in the final 20 and created loads of pressure. They never made a mistake.

My one gripe would be with the corners. We have looked awful at them for the WHOLE season up to now. Creating that many without a single good look is not up to scratch. Also, we had a few moves break down with terrible deliveries from Dossena.

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

That it i'm calling over to rafa's house and gerrards to batter them with a "How to take corners DVD"

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Yes the turn up and put 11 behind the ball, which we fail to break down, this has been our problem in previous seasons and is again this year.
    This is what seperates us from United and Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Now that perfectly good goal disallowed in first 2 mins must really annoy Liverpool fans. You would imagine that would of led to a completely different result

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Mr. X wrote: »
    Lol 5 games in lol gas man.
    38 games in they willl have done that a good few more times while they sit in 3rd or 4th

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Right here is the ****ing truth,
    we shouldn't in general rely on 1 goal to beat a team like stoke, but that's only in principle.
    the fact is that when there is 11 men behind the ball you need to not have a goal robbed and that's what happened afterwards we were wateful but on the whole robbed.
    Liverpool's challenge over? if we don't win the league it won't be because of today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Considering Utd are currently two places above the relegation zone while Liverpool are top, some people on here seem to know more about where the League is going to finish than Nostradamus?

A point is better than nothing but it really shouldve been 3. Especially when a perfectly good goal was disallowed early on. Gave Stoke some confidence that normally wouldnt have been there had they conceded early.

SantryRed wrote: »
    You think that's a good thing?:confused:

as a United fan... no. Its actually quite annoying to see every team in the League put in 110% against us and then drop points the following week to muck teams!

Bad result for Liverpool but Stoke played very well. Impressed with them and Hull so far, could be three new teams going down at the end of the season

That it i'm calling over to rafa's house and gerrards to batter them with a "How to take corners DVD"

what are you on about?
    every player he had that can kick a ball properly tried to take a corner that's hardly rafa's fault.
    You know nothing about football, A player failing at delivering a ball is not rafa's fault, maybe if he decided on the wrong players , but alonso, reira and gerrard were the only corner takers all of which should be able to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

That display was another example of why will we never the Premiership under Benitez. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

as a United fan... no. Its actually quite annoying to see every team in the League put in 110% against us and then drop points the following week to muck teams!

Bad result for Liverpool but Stoke played very well. Impressed with them and Hull so far, could be three new teams going down at the end of the season

Your sig is brilliant. What was he thinking ? Proper Boggles moment.

In regards to the game, v.v. disappointing. Ive never seen such a one sided game. They truly were there for the taking. Liverpools set pieces were a disgrace.

Ardent wrote: »
    That display was another example of why will we never the Premiership under Benitez. Pathetic.

it was hardly pathetic, elaborate.
    was it the goal robbed or was it the pathetic fans who give up on the team? probably the latter, good thing they reside here and not in anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If you call parking a bus in front of the net playing well, then i would hate to think what you call playing football is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The problem is no creativity. If plan A, cross it, works - great. If plan A fails, which it did today, plan B seem to be revert to plan A. The sad truth is that, this result is not a one-off. It will happen time and time again until Liverpool manage to work out a way of creatively breakin down stubborn times. It's hardly the first time this has happened.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement