Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In love with an atheist- any opinions?

• 19-09-2008 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Has anyone else had a relationship with a non-muslim or atheist? I'm currently in love with an Atheist guy, and to me he is really nice (doesn't drink alcohol, vegetarian, and loves me too). In spite of the religious differences, I still want to continue having relationship with him. Does anyone have any advice maybe on how to approach my friends and family with this news?

Anyone has ever been in the same situation as me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Really depends on your family. Are they very religous? If there not, you should be alright.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

wes wrote: »
    Really depends on your family. Are they very religous? If there not, you should be alright.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck.
    It means that if the family accepts that kind of relation everything will be ok?

WooPeeA wrote: »
    It means that if the family accepts that kind of relation everything will be ok?

The OP was asking about how to approach it concering there family. So, in that case things would be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

wes: Surely a relationship like that is considered haram in Islam though? Or so I have heard from Muslims I have spoken to in the past.

Jakkass wrote: »
    wes: Surely a relationship like that is considered haram in Islam though? Or so I have heard from Muslims I have spoken to in the past.

I never commented on that at all. I was addressing the question concerning the OP's family.

As for whether its haram or not, well that up to the op to decide for themselves. I don't see it as my business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement