Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does "no fixed term" mean?

• 19-09-2008 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I entered a fund through a broker, part of the broker’s documentation to enter the fund stated that it is a
    “open ended investment with no fixed term” I took this to mean that I could exit the fund at any time which is what I wanted.
    I now learn that there is a six month delay in getting out. If there is a six month delay in exiting should the documentation have stated that there is possible minimum term of six months?

thks

Sorry, I should have put this in the investments threads.

Comments

spadder wrote: »
    “open ended investment with no fixed term”

This refers to the term/duration of the investment. Some investment bonds are for a specified period and have a 'maturity' date, in say, 5 or 6 years from the date of investment.

This previous thread may explain the six month deferral http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376196

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Thanks Gerard,
    Yep, a very simailar situation, I was told I could withdraw at any time etc.

The broker is being very underhand now, saying we told you so you, read the small print etc. It was on his recommendation we entered the fund.

I think I will have to get the ombudsman involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Investments & Markets - probably more appropriate there :)

Advertisement