Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping out the neighbours

Options
  • 19-09-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I live on a country lane with 2 very nice neighbours. First house is 120 feet, second is 100 ft further.
    I have ADSL broadband but Eircom has told the neighbours that it is not possible for them to have broadband.
    I would like to set up a wireless network to give them access [cable is not practical].
    Do you think I could do it with WiFi N devices?
    What units would I need?
    Maybe a unit in the middle house connected by Ethernet to the PC, and a further unit at the third house, again with Ethernet to the PC.
    I presume that the dual frequency 5GHz units would offer no advantages as the signal would be less effective at penetrating the block walls.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Could you run outdoor ethernet cable between them instead since its only 100ft ? If not check PM

Advertisement